*Chapter 4: What Is Going On In There?*

*Warning: Sexual Content*

As the three of you walk out of the throne room, you hold onto Thor's arm as he leads you through the long hallway and to the garden. 

Loki follows a few steps behind but close enough to hear your conversation with Thor. Even though he doesn't want to be near you and Thor, he still wants to know what is being said, in case that the conversation should interest him after all. 

Thor stops and turns to face you.

"Have you any requests on how to spend the rest of the day, my Lady?"

"No, not really, I —."

"Why do you insist on calling her a lady when she's not even of noble birth. She's just a common girl, treat her as such." Loki interrupts. You didn't even hear him follow you but you aren't going to let him just walk all over you.

"Why do you insist on being so obnoxious?" You immediately snap back as you turn to him. Thor sniggers at your response as Loki's sly smile fades quickly.

"I beg your pardon?" Loki scoffs as his eyebrows raise in surprise of your bluntness towards him.

"Beg all you want, Loki, but you're still obnoxious."

"You know that that is not what I meant –"

"Do I?"

Loki lets out a scoff before laughing at you mockingly

"I find your inadequate knowledge of your native language fascinating, dear mortal. But, I suppose a dense creature like yourself could not possibly grasp the masterful language skills of – let us say – Shakespeare. I recommend you take a trip to the Palace library and find yourself one of his works to educate yourself on the matter before you embarrass yourself any further."

"Does he always ramble on like this?" You turn back to Thor and completely ignore Loki's stab at you.

"He does! Quite irritating, is it not?" Thor plays along with your little game and smiles broadly as he watches Loki get more and more irritated.

"Very." You wink at Thor who now roars with laughter. Loki rolls his eyes and scoffs as he broods. He reluctantly follows to his chambers, while you and Thor continue to the library in search of a book to read tomorrow.

~~~~~~

The next morning, you are in your chambers, sitting in the Victorian style chaise longue near the open window. The bright rays of the warm Asgardian sun illuminating the words of the book you are holding. The book? Loki's recommendation. 

On your adventure to the library yesterday, Thor picked up a rather thick book on Norse mythology. He seemed very interested when you mentioned that most books on Norse mythology claim that Loki has three children, of which he birthed one himself.