Chapitre 1

Fic written in 09/2020

First fic in english (not my main language) so if you find any mistakes, tell me.

You can take the story as a renamed reader, just let your imagination/mind do the job ;)
Don't like OC in fanfic ? Don't read this one, 'cause my sweet Lilith is mine (for now at least......)

Other chapters might have warnings and if you're not 18+ please, pass the story or don't blame me if you're hurt in any way. It will not always be sweet and fluffy as her past will be revealed through the story....

This story happen one year after the Qliphoth's event.

__________

(Lilith's POV)

The room was silent, only broken with faint cries as Lilith laid in her bed, face hidden in her pillow. Her dearest granny had died, two days ago, in her sleep, peacefully, leaving her all alone. The last member of her family was gone. She had never felt so lonely but she had to be strong, like her grandmother, as hard as it was.

The old woman had been a strong and powerful devil hunter till the very last moment, strict but always benevolent. Raising her only granddaughter all alone had not been easy but she did a great job. Lilith had learned everything from her, from the fighting techniques to the knowledge of demons and witchcraft. She became a pretty good hunter too, not as perfect as her granny but she could manage it.

"I have to be strong, I am the last hunter of the family now...." she said quietly, whipping her tears and sitting back. She knew it would happen, she should be happy it came out like this and not in a battle. Rare were the human devil hunters who died in their bed.

But it still hurt.....

Another flow of tears threatened to run down her cheeks when a knock on the front door snapped her out of her thoughts. She silently rushed through the small house of her beloved granny and looked through the peephole, grinning when she saw the broker.

Morrison.

She opened the door, slowly, and let him enter the living room. He didn't say a word, just a small nod and sat on the small couch as Lilith made sure there wasn't any danger outside.

"Okay girl, time to move. You won't be safe here anymore. Get your stuff so we can leave." He said in a calm and warm voice.

She stayed silent, moving from her home was breaking her heart. She knew this was not a safe place anymore but after a year of peace, all alone with the old woman, she didn't wanted to leave. There was so many memories, she was used to be here, she even had her secret room hidden underground with a small and well protected entrance.... Yet Lilith had to go..... Leaving everything behind once again....

All that because of that bastard ...

She sighed, returning to her room to finish to pack the most important things she could take, put the rest in some boxes that would be gathered later, then followed him out, glancing one last time at the place she had called home.

She met the others hunters a week later, sitting on a bench in the parc. A neutral environment, public but not crowded. She was alerte as always, scanning the area behind her black sunglasses, tapping her fingers on her knees while listening to some music to ease her paranoia, searching in every shadow for a treat or any sign of a possible attack, she knew the broker wouldn't do that to her but she also knew what he was capable of to find her. That simple though made her heart hammered in her chest.

Stop that.

When Lilith saw the hunter and the two girls with the black man, she sighed, her grandmother had wanted her to join their crew and she couldn't go against her will, not anymore. The old woman always knew better what was best for her granddaughter after all. She waited for them to sit on another bench nearby to finally move, slowly, she knew Dante from all the stories her granny told her but not the women.

'They were probably expecting something else from the look on their faces' she thought as they stared at her doubtfully.

She knew she didn't look like a devil hunter in her casual clothes, or maybe was it her frail looking body or her general look. She stopped a few steps away from them, nodding as Morrison made the presentations. The first one to approach her was a black haired woman with blue and red eyes. That made the younger girl's mind pause for a few second, she had never seen another person with that genetic condition.

When she saw the woman's face right in front of hers, Lilith's instincts ran on red flag abruptly, commanding her body to push back violently the female hunter and grabbing her hidden blades quickly. The older woman was a bit surprised but not completely stunned, coming back on her feets, hands on her guns.

The two others jumped in surprise, even the calm black man who tried to handle the situation.

Well, he should have told them about my "issues".

"Ok girls, everything's fine." the broker stood between the two women "Lilith, drop those blades, it's safe. Lady, sorry for the trouble, the girl is..... always on the edge about contacts."

Dante grinned, and patted his friend, "Looks like she got strength to send you fly back like that." he told her, a smile on his face while looking at the young girl.

And a few hours and talks later she was in the shop, meeting the last member of that strange band.

__________

Thank you for reading, don't hesitate to tell me what you thought of it  ^^