Chapitre 12

Hurt, physical damage (old memories) and angst warning.

__________

(V's POV)

"A dark bird alike the phoenix ?" Griffon hissed "Never heard of a demon like that"

"This is not a demon, chicken. Ya heard her ? It's a mythical being." Dante mocked the bird.

The legendary hunter knew more than them, he probably knew the warmage and whatever was that bird.

What does it have to do with her ? Why having visions of something linked to a necromancer ?

V's thoughts were rushing into his head, there was so much questions brought by the little speech of the girl. Yet no answers.... He wanted to ask, needed to understand this but the look in her eyes made him uncertain. Those ambers were locked on him, displaying a storm of emotions. Anger, fear, angst, sadness and...... guilt? Why ? He could understand most of it, but why guilt ?

She knew the warmage, it was clear in her voice, the disgust and the hate dripping from every word about him were enough to tell that. Then why was she having visions of a bird ? And what kind of creature was it really, V never heard about such things before.... Not from Vergil's knowledge.

Necromancers were the worst outcasts within the magic community, even more than black mages. What was the link with Lilith ?

Just as he was about to ask for more informations, the door of the shop opened, revealing Trish and Lady with what looked like bags full of grocery and food. They paused while looking at them all. Dante explained shortly what was going on and the all team looked at the girl, still standing near the stairs, Shadow's tail curled up around her feets, body pressed against her legs and heads nestled in her hand.

"Wait, I thought it was just a legend, not a real thing !" Lady uttered, coming back from the kitchen after putting the bags in.

A legend ?

"What do you mean ?" Trish asked, head turning to the black haired woman.

"I've heard about a family that possessed the power of two mythical birds, light and dark. Pretty good hunters, huge reputation but I though the bird's thing was.... a way of speaking or a tale." Lady commented, uncertainty showing on her face as she mentioned the bird.

Lilith was looking away, eyes hidden behind her bangs, playing nervously with the cords of her top. When Lady mentioned the fact she had met one of the last member of the family, she seemed to tremble.

"But what does it have to do with her ? Dante, you know it, right ?" Trish looked at the devil hunter with a knowing look.

"I'm letting the girl talks" He replied, crossing his arms on his chest while leaning a bit on his chair, eyes still on Lilith. "No more hiding here."