Chapitre 5

Hurt and angst warning.

From here, there's going to be more dark moments so if you're not comfortable with that, you should probably stop your reading but if you chose to continue, please, don't blame me for the trouble.

__________

(Lilith's POV)

Lilith was sitting by her desk, two weeks had passed since her last mission, the wound on her collarbone was almost fully healed, leaving a light pink scar on her skin. She looked at her bedside table, her necklace was there, broken by the death scissors's attack. It was a simple thick string with little gems and a small pendant, nothing fancy, but it never left her neck till now. Two of the stones were shattered, the black cord frayed and the pendant now missing, she had tried to repair it but it was useless. It was the last gift from her grandmother, right after.....

No. Stop that.

She grabbed her head in her hand, chasing the dull pain coming from this. She shouldn't keep thinking about her past, there was nothing she could do about it.

Things had been done for the best..... I hope.

She sighed, leaving her thoughts to look through her sketchbook full of portraits, weapons designs or still life drawings feeling completely bored. There was no real missions, the last one available had been taken by the older devil hunter, pretending that Lilith's wound was still too freshly healed, leaving her in the shop with V and his familiars.

She didn't mind to be alone with the poet, he was kind and talking with him had become easier with time. Griffon's had a big mouth and sometimes his teasing were a bit too much but their bantler were funny. And Shadow.... The overgrown cat was clearly her favorite, though she never tried to touch her, she craved for it but couldn't bring herself to make a move. The only contact she had was in the last battle, when the panther pushed her off a demon's harm.

The young hunter shook her head, got up and walked downstairs in attempt to make some tea, it was already dark outside and a hard rain was falling. She stopped in front of V's room, wondering if he would like to join her when the demonic bird's voice came from the lobby. The girl took a quick look from her hidden spot upstairs.

The poet was wearing a black sweater and black pants, sitting on the couch, reading his book as usual and ignoring the blue bird's words perched on Dante's desk.

He looks really good like this, less revealing than his battle outfit but...... Damn, I should stop that.

Tiptoeing her way to the kitchen, she heard the familiar's voice.

"Woaah ! Hey princess, Ya trying looking like a cat to get shakespeare's favors ? Ha ! Is that why ya forgot your pants ?"

She stopped in front of the open door, frozen in both shock and fear, her and her uncomfort at catching the attention, not to mention the taunt. She was wearing her favorite big fluffy lavender sweater which was so long it covered her black short underneath but not her almost bare legs, her hairs were put in two ponytails with cat ears clip attached to the hairbands, she could feel the gaze of the demonic bird on her, going from head to toe. Her cheeks were burning and she was sure they were colored with a deep red shade. That was the kind of teasing she hated, especially in front of him.