Chapitre 19

slight angst but nothing too dangerous.

The whole crew had seen them in each others arms so it was normal some of them would want to 'talk' about it.....

__________

(Lilith's POV)

Soft wind caressed her shoulders as the sun shone through her eyelids, warming her exposed skin and she felt Lekha spread his wings over her body, greeting his host and absorbing the free energy to transfer it to the dark bird. Nuiid was silent, not able to move yet from his stalemate form, she could see him or what was left of him, a floating orb of black and purple mist swirling softly, absorbing the other phoenix's given energy. He would need time to be able to form again, time and energy from both Lekha and his host.

Having the dark bird within her felt... Strange. Even more knowing her mother was the previous host.... But he was there, alive and free from the necromancer. She was glad to have achieved this, glad that the man couldn't hurt the black phoenix anymore. She would make sure of that.

She smiled as she heard the children playing outside, hearing Nero's laugh as they seemed to climb over him, she wasn't sure, the words were too distant, her mind still foggy and the warm form wrapped around her was too distracting.

Opening her eyes, she fought a pleased sigh seeing the poet's face so peaceful, he was even smiling ! Not his usual sly one, not his smirk, this time it was a simple, soft and warm, genuine smile. His hands over her waist, his legs half resting on hers, their body so close she could feel his heartbeat, his breath slow and even.... She closed her eyes again, savouring the moment as she knew it wouldn't last. Soon he would wake up and they would have to join the others.....

Damn ! I'm in trouble !

This was the second time she was sleeping in his arms and she didn't really want to know how it was to sleep alone again... She was way head over heels for him, this feeling was much stronger than anything she had felt in the past, not only was she accepting his touch, she craved it. The way he gently held her close as he faced her in the bed.... It felt so damn right, his hand soft and warm on her cheek, the way he looked at her, his low and soft voice teasing her even more.... Flirting ! He had been flirting with her and she swore he had wanted to kiss her.....

'Goodnight my little sparrow'

That nickname itself was enough to send jolts of joy through her whole body, not to mention his smooth tone and the fact that this time he had said it possessively. Damn, euphoria was blooming within her like a teenage girl with her crush.

Does he feel the same as I do ? Does he......

She felt him stir, sighing lightly without letting go of her, quite the opposite. He pulled her closer, his hands grabbing her waist gently, not daring to touch her where the bandages were protecting her wounds, kissing her forehead and sighing again, pleased. She fought the urge to open her eyes or smile widely, focussing on his movements. One of his hands left her waist to stroke her hairs gently, brushing her cheeks while replacing some locks behind her ear. His gaze detailing every part of her face and stopping on her lips....