Tracking Some Down Books

Y/n was on shift as she sat at the help desk lazily waiting for the next person to come in and check out a book or turn one in. It was afternoon by now but she wasn't off until later that evening.  I should've brought Avi in as a pillow...  she whined to herself resting her head on her hand. 

However, as if an answered to her boredom the door swung open with Lisa walking through, "Huh, I thought you were busy today?" Y/n asked a bit confused as she looked up to the scholar in purple.

Lisa nodded, "I was, however, I've managed to get myself some more free time, so I thought that I may as well check in on you and see if anyone on the over-due list has returned their books yet." she answered walking over to look at the list which she'd written for Y/n and herself.

Y/n shrugged, "Nah only like 8 people have come in, two of which are the usuals," she replied with a bored tone.

Lisa looked mildly irritated by the news and sighed, "Well, you look exceptionally bored, mind helping me hunt down some stray books?" she asked, noting Y/n's incredibly bored existence.

Hearing the chance to get out of the library for a while she quickly perked up. "Even if no one's here to watch the library?" she replied hopefully. Lisa only nodded, finding the sudden excitement of her little helper adorable.

quickly jumping up from her chair she nodded, "Right, let's not waste any time!" Y/n  willfully said a bit louder than she should've to earn her a quick shush from Lisa. "Oh, sorry Ma'am," Y/n muttered a quick half-hearted apology as the two made their way out of the library.

Lisa looked down at the list seeing who would be the easiest to track down, "Let's stop by Miss Majorie's shop, I believe she's yet to turn in her book," she directed Y/n who had already gone ahead of her.

Y/n subtly acknowledged Lisa's words by making a course correction towards the souvenir shop.

Quickly arriving the woman greeted the two, thinking they might be customers, "Welcome!" the woman greeted cheerfully before quickly adding an "Every treasure here is unique, so we don't negotiate on the price, nor do we give refunds," before the two could get any ideas.

Y/n quickly got to business, "We're not here for that today, we're here to steal back the book you borrowed!" she explained somewhat poorly.

Lisa chimed in not bothering to correct Y/n's phrasing, "I believe you have one 'The Legend of Vanessa' which you've forgotten to return." she said amiably.

"Oh my goodness! I do apologize, I didn't know that book was overdue. Even though I take it with me everywhere..." Majorie said looking a bit embarrassed by her mistake. 

Lisa shook her head, "It's fine, so long as you can return the book," she suggested before pausing for a slight moment, "Ah, also if we may take a single souvenir," she added hoping to at least get something nice out of the busywork of collecting overdue books.

Majorie found the trade acceptable agreeing fairly easily, "Of course what would you like?" she asked.

Lisa looked to Y/n, "Y/n, you've spent some time out collecting treasures, I'm sure you've grown an eye for valuable things, why don't you choose something fitting?" she suggested.

Y/n felt a bit put on the spot, "Uhhh, okay," she shrugged. This feels familiar... WAIT A DAMN MINUTE. she suddenly realized. Quickly trying to think she began to recall the quest where Lisa had taken Traveler on a 'date', but more importantly, what Lisa had enjoyed the most. I think it was..."What about the Ragged old Scroll?" she suggested confidently.

Lisa seemed pleased with her choice, "It would seem I was right with my guess," she praised Y/n. "You do indeed have quite the eye for treasures. Majorie I would love to have it whilst you fetch the book," she looked to Majorie with a pleasant smile tugging at her lips.