Wanna Date?

Y/n looked up at the night sky as she walked side by side with Aether, Paimon had disappeared, saying, "Paimon's gonna go to bed now" presumably just teleporting to the Inn.

 Feeling both bored and a bit awkward Y/n decided to make a bit of small talk, "So, you got any new hoes?" She asked jokingly.

Aether looked mildly confused by her question but answered to the best of his abilities, "I don't think so?" He muttered in an unsure tone, with a quirked brow. "I don't think I ever really had many 'hoes' in the first place," he added a bit awkwardly.

Y/n stared at him, What a harem protagonist thing to say. She thought silently before remembering that it wasn't like anyone had joined him on his adventures besides her, Paimon, and literally a war criminal. "I'd love to give tips, but I'm just naturally charismatic," Y/n sighed over-dramatically as she bragged lightheartedly. 'Ayo, Avi, where you and Poptart at?' She asked Avi quickly before she began teasing Aether. "Y'know, I could be your home, if you want?" She offered with a cheeky smile.

Aether who was looking forwards snapped his head over to her in bewilderment, "What?!" He asked in shock. 

 Y/n wondered how he hadn't gotten used to her BS yet, but still loved his reactions, so she continued to joke around. Giving a light punch in the arm she teasingly replied, "What, am I not good enough for you? I'll have you know, you do owe me for saving your ass." She pointed out.

Avi's response came back shortly, 'He's at the north entrance of the Harbor. Heading towards the Inn.' in a tired tone.

Now knowing where to head she subtly led Aether in the right direction as he did his best to respond to her. "Well, yeah, thanks for helping with Childe. But still, I don't think it would be uhm, appropriate for that..." He mumbled shyly.

Y/n rolled her eyes, "Dude, it's not like we're fucking," she said flatly, pausing for a moment as she thought, Unless... "Well, not yet at least," She added quickly having him a small smirk, nudging him again.

Aether sighed, "Why are you like this?" He grumbled feeling a little frustrated with her open flirts. 

Y/n just gave a vague shrug, "I dunno, maybe cuz you're cute, maybe cause I'm lonely, or both. You'll never know!" She said not taking it too seriously. I need to flirt with more people, this is fun. Y/n thought, feeling surprisingly entertained. 

Aether wondered if he should feel more concerned for her wellbeing or his own. "Don't you have that slime?" He asked feeling some sympathy for her, knowing what it felt like to feel alone in the world, having lost his only kin, and all.

For the first time in the interaction she gave a genuine answer, "Yeah, he's... Alright, I guess." She mumbled. I already tried coercing him into a quick date or 4 though She added to herself, disappointed in the flat-out rejection that always followed. "Avi hasn't really let me know much about himself, so he's kind of more of a co-worker," she pointed out. If only he could be a human more often, then he could be a hot one. She joked to herself. 

Aether nodded along, though her response did raise a few questions. "How did you guys meet, I mean. I haven't been around the modern world for too long, but I haven't seen any slimes like him," He asked curiously.

Y/n realized she fucked herself. 'Avi, how do I tell Aether we met?' She asked him desperately, not knowing what to say here. "Uh, well, you see..." She stalled a bit awkwardly waiting for Avieer's help.

The slimes voice replied a minute later, 'Lie, you've done it before.' not helping her at all. Y/n silently cursed him out as she tried to find the most reasonable way to explain the slime away.