Consequences.

Childe who was reasonably confused by the sudden question quickly shrugged it off. Knowing Y/n seemed to be incredibly powerful he could assume getting her on his side would be a generally good idea. "Yeah, the offer is always open. Don't worry, I can even vouch for you!" He nodded quickly.

Y/n nodded, "Well, nice to know I always got another job opportunity open in case they try to execute me." She mumbled.

Childe seemed a bit concerned with what exactly happened for her to throw whatever morals she had to the wind. "By the way, why were you asking again?" He asked cautiously. 

Y/n thought about if she should explain her reasoning to him. After a moment of hesitation she opened her mouth, "They forgot how bloodthirsty I actually am and I reminded them." She said vaguely. Childe took a minute to try and process what she meant by that while Y/n pondered if she could escape the consequences. Can I argue may way out of this? Maybe I should blackmail Venti into helping me out? She began considering some options. 

Childe finally gave up on trying to see what that actually meant and asked outright, "Y/n, what crimes did you do?"

Y/n looked over to him, "Crimes... I mean, I freely murder Treasure hoarders, Fatui Agents, and honestly whatever a friend will point me at. Besides that, I used to scam some people for money and I stole a shit ton of weapons a while back. Actually no I've stolen a lot." She began listing off some of the things she'd done that came up off the top of her head. "Of course, most of that was done before I moved to Monstadt!" She added quickly.

Childe quirked a brow, "Y/n, how old are you again?" He asked. Y/n looked like she was maybe 20 at most, so it wouldn't make sense for her to have enough time to do as much as she claimed. 

Y/n shrugged vaguely, "I dunno, like 19." She lied casually knowing just how youthful she appeared. "But it's rude to ask a woman her age. Just like it'd be rude for me to ask how big your dick is." She added slightly annoyed. 

Childe obviously doubted her but didn't ask any further. "well, I guess if you don't wanna tell me you don't have to." He muttered a bit suspicious of her. "Anyways, did your inspection go alright?"

Y/n shrugged, "They're probably fighting Boreas right now since someone wasn't sacrificed as I had planned." She stated flatly glancing out the window. "I'd give it maybe an hour, hopefully, I haven't babied Aether to the point he can't even challenge Boreas with Razor and Amber's help." she predicted before looking back to Childe "Anyways, thanks for repairing the door, even if you were the one who broke it down like a neanderthal." She added.

The two chatted casually for the afternoon. Unexpectedly, Amber and Aether had not returned even four hours later. "It's almost dinner. where the fuck are they?" Y/n grumbled as she looked through her pantries to see if she had anything to make something like a sandwich. 

"Maybe we should check on them?" Childe suggested noting the concern which had been growing in Y/n. "I mean, I'm sure if it's fine we can sneak on back here before they could even notice" He pointed out.

However, she shook her head. "No, I'm not gonna help them out. I'm probably on like, house arrest anyways until they get back." She stated as she pulled out some bread and meat. "where the shit did I put those tomatoes," she grumbled as she continued rummaging through her backpack.

At 6 PM Aether had finally returned, though he seemed fine it was obvious that the battle was pretty hard fought as he still seemed pretty tired. "You stopped by the statue of seven," Y/n observed. Man, if only they'd let me do my thing, but no... She thought pettily. "Anyways, if you want me to make something I can," She moved on pushing aside her annoyance.