Calm Before the Storm

Y/n slept for 5 hours, waking up at 4 PM, suddenly bolting upright, she shouted, "I live on bitches!"  celebrating the fact she'd managed to somehow survive. 

Avi, who had been startled when the first thing Y/n had done when she was back from the brink of death was shout triumphantly quickly scolded her, "Could you not shout the minute you wake up?" He grumbled. 

Y/n looked around, and noticed, Paimon and Avi seemed to have been watching over her. Paimon looked over her nervously, "How are you feeling? Are you hurt anywhere? Does Paimon need to get Goldet?" She asked worriedly. 

Avi was quick to point out, "Xiao took her to the Statue of Seven. She should be fine" This was a lie, however as Xiao hadn't returned to the Inn yet, Avi had no qualms about lying about such a small matter. 

Paimon glanced at the slime before looking back to Y/n and sighed, "Paimon knows, but..." she trailed off for a moment, "Paimon was just so worried, we all saw just how bad you'd been hurt back there!" She said a bit somberly.

Y/n patted the small fairy-like girl on the head, "Hey, I'm alive though, aren't I? Plus, I even got to stab that purple idiot in hand," She said cheerfully, hoping to ease Paimon's worries.

Paimon slowly nodded before quickly instructing, "But you still can't do anything strenuous for the next week, got it?!" She nagged sternly, furrowing her brows slightly as she looked Y/n in the eye.

 Y/n nodded helplessly, "Gotcha, I'll tell Xiao I can't do any training for the next week, according to Doctor Paimon's orders." She said teasingly.

Paimon quickly nodded along, "Yeah, Paimon will fight him if he tries to make you train!" She agreed with a spark of determination. 

Xiao who had appeared just behind Paimon right before she agreed, asked, "And how do you intend to do that?" glaring down at the girl. who had been floating next to Y/n's bed. 

Paimon startled squeaked in surprise, "Eek, Y/n help!" She cried, quickly hiding behind the supposed patient, holding absolutely no resolution to the words she had spoken moments prior.

Y/n looked back to the girl joking, "So much for fighting him..." with a teasing smile. Xiao looked at Y/n carefully inspecting her status.

Before he could ask any questions, Avi intervened. "Anyways, what's the status on Scaramouche." He asked bluntly, looking up at Xiao from the stool he'd been sitting on. 

Xiao shook his head slightly, "Though we managed to apprehend him at first, he disappeared an hour after he was taken into custody." He said, visibly frustrated by this fact. "If it were my choice, I would've killed him on the spot," Xiao added in a quieter tone.

Y/n shrugged, "I mean, killing probably isn't the best idea, and hey. I got the sigil from him, so at the very least he'll have to hold off on his plans." She stated optimistically. Looking around she asked, "Avi, where's that backpack?"

Literally having no limbs to point towards the bag in the corner of the room Avi instead opted to float over before plopping down on the bag. "Here." Xiao went over and grabbed the bag, "It's in the side pocket." Avi guided him.

Xiao nodded slightly as he opened the smaller side pocket and found the sigil shoved carelessly in it alongside some snacks. Taking the sigil out he confirmed that she got it. "I see, good." He murmured, relieved that the girl had managed to do so. 

Y/n smiled, proud of her accomplishments, "Yep, so do I get any rewards?" She asked, playfully listing off some suggestions. "Y'know maybe some, mora, tasty food, or nicer spear?" 

Paimon nodded along, understanding her points, "Yeah, Paimon thinks that Y/n should definitely get some sort of reward." She agreed cheerfully before quickly adding in, "Even if she was being super reckless!" scolding the h/c-ette before she could try and do anything just as reckless as 1v1ing a harbinger with no elemental abilities.