The Noctilucous Jade and Silk Flowers

Zhongli began leading the group around town, taking them to a shop, the owner saw the possible customers approaching and quickly called out to them. "Welcome to the Jade Mystery, my good friends! Would you like to try your luck betting on jade? This could be your lucky day." He called cheerfully before beginning his sales pitch, "It's cheap and it's fun, and who knows, you might just strike it rich!" The man said enticingly.

Paimon was a little confused, "Betting? No, no we're here for the... What was it called again?" She asked looking to Zhongli for some help.

Zhongli helped her out, "Noctilucous Jade, of radiant grade at the very least." He said, surprising the owner who thought they were just some rando's to profit off of.

"Radiant grade Noctilucous Jade? I see you're not a tourist. My apologies. I have come here for your perusal." He quickly course-corrected as he showed the Noctilucous Jades for them to choose from. Zhongli and the rest inspected the stones. "What do you think? The Jade Mystery is an old name in the jade business. Just look at that wonderful quality! Rex Lapis doesn't often bless us with such finery. Go on, pick whichever one you like!" The man said cheerfully, enticing them to choose quickly.

Paimon squinted at the stones confused, "These three pieces really do look pretty, not like the ones you usually dig up." She pointed out as she tried to figure out how to tell which would be the best. "But how do we pick? Should we just grab one and go?" She asked, turning to Aether and Zhongli, assuming one of them would know better.

Aether suspected that it could be a scam, pointing out for the floating girl, "Someone who makes his living off betting on stones can't be trusted so lightly." He muttered continuing to stare down the rocks as if it would magically help him discern which would be the best.

Zhongli nodded in agreement, "Very good. It seems you have learned some tricks of the trade." He praised the Traveler.

Paimon's question was still unanswered though, so she asked Zhongli instead. "What do you think, Mr. Zhongli? How should we pick from these pieces of Noctilucous Jade?" She looked to the tall man.

Zhongli looked over to the girl, surprised she'd asked him, "Oh? You want me to decide? That is fine as well." He spoke calmly, "If it were me, the answer would be simple." He began in full confidence.

Paimon nodded along, "Oh? And that would be...?" She looked at him with her full attention.

"I'll take them all, boss."

The group was stunned as the shop owner quickly acted on the man's order. "Oh, you act with such panache, good sir! I always knew you were not a man of ordinary caliber!" The shop owner said excitedly as he began to pack up the three stones for the customer.

Y/n and Paimon quickly stopped the shop owner, "Wait, hold on" Paimon said quickly darting in between the two waving her hands trying to get him to stop.

Y/n quickly followed up with Paimon's swiftness, "This man's old and forgot he's broke as hell!" Y/n began explaining. "He's got dementia, you wouldn't wanna scam a dementia patient" She continued getting the man's attention before he inevitably said 'no take-backs.'

Zhongli looked mildly offended as Paimon tagged in once again, "Yeah, wait. What?" She suddenly realized what Y/n had said, but quickly shook her head getting back on track. "Anyways, that one didn't count! We need to discuss it again!" She said pouting at the man.

Y/n nodded, "Yep, yep, group huddle," She said pulling Aether and Zhongli out of earshot from the shop owner. "Gramps, please. Are you trying to bankrupt us?" She asked incredulously. The slime who'd been watching greatly amused with Zhongli's ostentatious nature continued watching them scold the poor man.