Nice Smelling Ladies

As they left the flower shop Paimon took the initiative to ask, "So, now that we have the flowers, how do we decoct it into a perfume, exactly?" She looked to Zhongli, as he seemed to have answers for nearly everything.

The man sighed trying to figure that out as well, "Ideally, with the help of an expert. Unfortunately, none of my acquaintances have personal experience in the art of decoction," He murmured trying to scroll through his mental rolledex of his contacts. He then came up with an idea, "Hence, I need you to help by asking around in the city. Try the common folk, especially women." He said looking to the group, assuming they'd be more approachable than he was.

Paimon looked excited, "So this time we get to go around town looking for nice-smelling ladies to talk to? Paimon likes this job!" She surmised happily already getting hyped to finally make some local friends who weren't weirdos or blatant criminals. 

Y/n swatted her on the head, "Paimon, say that sentence again to yourself." She muttered. Paimon looked wronged as she thought about what she had said to warrant such a reaction.

Zhongli Let them do their thing, simply saying, "I will wait for you near the Statue of The Seven. Meet me there when the perfume is ready." He said before departing from the group, letting them figure out how to accomplish their task.

Y/n began thinking, Who would know the Liyue commoners best? Lan, the master of the Liyue Branch Adventurer's Guild. "Right, off to Lan we go," Y/n muttered, leading the group off to where she remembered Lan usually hung out in the game. 

Once they approached Paimon quickly greeted her in a friendly manner, "Lan! We need to ask you for a favor..." She began trying to figure out a way to see if she used perfume in a non-offensive way.

The woman shook her head, "I stopped accepting commissions a long time ago. Sorry, you guys, but you'll just have to ask another adventurer." She said casually, looking over to them.

Paimon shook her head quickly, clarifying, "Oh, no not that kind of favor. Just a teeny-tiny thing." She said hurriedly, not wanting to close down the conversation.

Lan looked a bit more interested in the conversation, "Oh, okay then. What can I do for you?" She asked.

Before Aether could speak Y/n quickly answered, "We're looking for someone who knows perfumes, do you think you'd have any contacts that could help us?" She asked, making sure not to offend the woman.

The woman looked surprised that anyone would come to her for such things but answered regardless. "Oh, if you want to know about Perfumes then Qiming is the one to go to." She stated factually.

"Oh, that's the fortune teller, right? Paimon remembers she smells pretty good," Paimon commented as she remembered who Qiming was.

Her comment earned a weird look from both Y/n and Lan. Lan didn't say anything, but Y/n was started to feel genuinely concerned, "Paimon, do you go around smelling women as a pass time?" She asked worriedly.

Paimon quickly shook her head, "What?! Of course not! That'd be weird and Paimon's not weird." She denied the accusation. "Paimon just... Well, You know what? Paimon doesn't have to tell you!" She hugged Avieer tighter feeling wronged as she flew off in the direction of Qiming.

Y/n sighed watching Paimon leave angrily. "I guess we should follow her, thanks Lan," She muttered, giving the woman a quick wave before leaving with Aether, following after the girl.

Paimon quickly made her way over to Qiming but refused to talk, letting Y/n and Aether take over this time. "Hello, how may I help you?" The long-haired brunette asked wondering why a girl would come up and just pout at her.