MOOOOM, The Fatui's Being Shady Again.

After leaving the Jade Chamber Aether and Y/n found the place where the paper they'd taken had led to. "We should probably be stealthy if we're gonna investigate this." Y/n pointed out mainly for Paimon. Aether nodded in agreement not wanting to get into unnecessary fights. 

However, as they approached Paimon had opened her loud ass mouth, "Wow, there really were Fatui at the location written down on the paper!" She whispered a little too loudly revealing their position. Y/n stared at Paimon in exasperation, I wanna drop kick you to the moon. the h/c-nette thought in annoyance. "And uh- They don't look very happy to see us," she said getting a bit panicked over the pissed-off Fatui who was now quickly approaching the three of them.

Letting out a long sigh as Paimon disappeared frantically. "I call dibs on the cryo bitch," She called out as she pulled out her spear and charged her 'claimed' target.

Thanks to elemental reactions and both of them being pretty skilled in combat by now they were able to finish the battle quickly. As Y/n finished off the last agent Paimon re-appeared and called over to Aether, "Over here, there are so many talismans here," She pointed out. Y/n glared over to the girl putting her spear away.

Aether who began looking between the research notes and talisman muttered, "It looks like they're trying to replicate the pattern." thoughtfully.

Y/n rolled her eyes, "Wow, who would've thought, the Fatui are being shady." She retorts getting a look at the notes. "...That's a Sigil of permission."She then pointed out having recognized them from her time with Xiao. "Do they know sigils usually have geo powers imbued into them?" She thought out loud. 

"I mean, if they have vision holders like Childe with them, I doubt they'd have much trouble getting a geo user to imbue it," Aether said reasonably glancing to Y/n for a moment. After another moment of thought, he then set out a sigh disliking where this was heading. "Seems the Fatui are definitely up to something," He grumbled.

Paimon nodded firmly, "And so the plot thickens!" She said playfully. "We'll need to keep an eye on Childe for sure, though." She added in a more serious tone. 

A moment of silence was shared before Paimon broke it again, looking at an imaginary watch, "Well, that's enough standing around here. We gotta meet up with Zhongli soon!"  she prompted gently pushing Aether and Y/n away in vaguely the direction of the meetup point. 

While walking over Paimon continued chatting away as she usually did with minimal feedback. "The last stop of the Rite of Partingh preparations is... Dihua Marsh, if Paimon remembers correctly. We should hurry, Paimon hates being late!"

Once they met up Zhongli and Paimon exchanged some greetings, over time their topic shifted towards the opinions of some of the members of the Qixing. "Ningguangs super duper rich and generous. Paimon thinks she's a nice lady!" Paimon said cheerfully.

Y/n chimed in casually, "And hot." She said in a half-joking manner causing Aether to facepalm at such a blunt comment. "It's true, she's a hot sugar mommy, is she not?" Y/n defended her stance.

"'Hot' or not, she still seems a bit..." He trailed off not knowing how to phrase his opinions on the woman properly.

Y/n finished for him in her normal blunt manner, "Sly? Manipulative?" She suggested. Aether gave a little nod, not wanting to say it himself. 

Paimon rolled her eyes not trusting Aether's take on the generous woman. "Yeah, he has a totally different take on her than Paimon." She said as if it were unbelievable. She then remembered a little factoid, "He even thinks the tactless Yuheng is more trustworthy," She huffed.

Zhongli simply listened to their opinions before asking, "Oh, you've met with Keqing? What'd she say?" a bit curiously.

Paimon nodded answering him, "She said, 'The time of the adepti has long passed. If even the don't want to face that truth, then what future is there for Liyue?'" while making quotation mark gestures.