Cat Time

By the end of the Rite Aether now had a general short-term goal. But first, he needed to make sure everything else was taken care of before he was to get into the closed country. As they all walked back to the inn to hang  out for a bit before moving on Y/n asked, "Before we go to Inazuma, could I stop by Monstadt for a few things?" She asked, having revenge on her mind. Albedo should have that potion done by now, right?  She wondered feeling a little impatient. 

Aether gave a small nod, "Yeah, I should also probably stop by, just to see if there's anything else I need to get done." He agreed, assuming Y/n was going to hand in some sort of resignation or say goodbye to her friends. 

The rest of the day was spent mostly lounging around and resting, the time passed quickly, and soon the next day came and the group went back to Monstadt. Y/n took Childe with her to Dragonspine while Aether went back to town. Y/n hummed happily, holding onto Avi as they went up into Albedo's little enclave. "Hey!" She called in standing by one of the torches to keep herself warm. 

Inside, Sucrose and Albedo seemed to have been discussing something. The green-haired girl looked over to Y/n, then Childe. "Ah, Y-Y/n..." she stuttered recognizing the man she stood with. However, it was not for anything good. 

Albedo glanced over to the Ginger and H/c-ette. "Oh, you're here," he muttered less intimidated by the visitors than Sucrose. 

Y/n nodded happily, you got my potions?" She asked mischievously. Albedo already knew why she was here and gave a small nod as he went over to one of his shelves to grab a potion that was stored. 

As he handed the potion over to her he was quick to begin warning her, "Be careful with it, it will last a total of 5 hours, and you'll lose your capability to speak, obviously. Also, it ha-" Y/n impatiently snatched the bottle tossing Avi haphazardly to Childe. 

"Thanks, bud!" she said cheerfully popping the cork off and chugging the entire thing without caution.

Albedo already looked tired of her shit as he facepalmed, "...3 uses..." he muttered in annoyance as Y/n had quite literally 'poof'ed away. Her clothes dropped to the ground. In the mound of clothes where Y/n used to stand there was a little bit of wriggling and a soft 'mrrow' could be heard.

Albedo just sighed and got Y/n out of the pile of clothes, "Listen to my full warning next time." He said firmly, giving her off to Childe.

Y/n had turned into a soft-looking kitten with a fur color matching her h/c hair. She had slightly darkened rosettes on her coat and white paws and a white-tipped tail. The kitten looked pretty grumpy as she looked around at the now giant-like people around her. 

Childe didn't know how to react to the now cat Y/n just staring at her blankly, "What am I supposed to do with her?" He asked looking back to Albedo in confusion. 

Albedo gave the cat over to him as Y/n hopped onto Childe's shoulders, "I'm not sure why she wanted to have this. But thankfully Sucrose was able to help me engineer a way to fulfill the request." Albedo gave a shrug, "Anyways, you should head back down to Monstadt, I'd rather not have you distract me." he added quickly, not wanting to let Childe stay around his home any longer. 

The ginger nodded as he began down the mountain with two pets now. Y/n looked around as she snuggled into the Harbinger for extra warmth, I should've thought this out a little more. She thought feeling a bit miserable in the cold. 

The slime in the Ginger's arms looked up at her and silently asked, 'So, what'd you want to be a cat for?' In an underwhelmed tone. 

Y/n fluffed up a little bit defensively. 'Revenge,' She said vaguely looking elsewhere. The slime gave her a dubious look but did not push any further.