Oh Hey, It's The Blond Bitch

It had been about a month since Y/n had started to work for Goldet. Through that month, Y/n's training with Xiao had paid off. Over time she slowly began to return to her previous strength, now being able to consistently beat Childe in spars. Of course, Xiao usually watched and almost always had some sort of tip to give her to do better. Though blunt with his critiques, they were genuinely helpful as she'd learned to hit harder and faster no longer needing to rely on any real elements to get by. 

It was a Friday afternoon, which meant she was technically off of work, but she felt like challenging Childe to another spar for some more mora. Though she was no longer nearly as broke as when she'd first started to work in the inn, she was still as greedy as ever. 

Scaramouche had decided to tag along, wanting to watch Childe get the shit beat out of him. As the two readied their weapons, Scaramouche counted down, "3, 2, 1... Go!"  He called initiating the duel. 

The moment 'go' left his mouth, Y/n sprung towards Childe. Childe who was trying to get better with his bow, leaped back trying to keep the distance between them. "C'mere pop tart, it's just a little poke!"  She taunted playfully swinging at him as soon as she got in range. 

Childe managed to get out of the way in time to fire an arrow. replying with a, "Not so fast, girlie" as he sprinted back leaving her to deal with the arrow.

Y/n reacted quickly, jumping aside to avoid the arrow. As much as she wanted to just chuck the spear at him, she was vaguely aware that unlike before she couldn't just grab another spear from her bag, thus she was forced to chase him down.

Childe released another few arrows aimed at her, but Y/n batted them away with the spear or just blatantly avoided them closing the gap swiftly and attempting to jab at him with the head. 

Childe managed to move aside in time, but Y/n was a bit more prepared this time, swinging the back of the spear into the side of his legs with enough force to sweep him off his feet. Not wanting to give him a chance to get back up, Y/n quickly shoved the spear to his neck.  "That'll be 10k," She said with a teasing smile, as Childe surrendered. 

"How about a double or nothing match?" Childe offered already knowing she'd probably take the offer. 

Y/n thought about it before suggesting, "first to 5 wins gets 50k?" She asked, helping him up. Feeling confident in her own abilities.  

Childe sighed knowing he was about to be sore for this choice, "Sure, sure," He agreed begrudgingly before looking over at Scaramouche who had thoroughly enjoyed watching Y/n win yet another spar. "Anyways, what're you still doing here, unless you wanna tag in?" He offered. 

Scaramouche gave a mocking smile, "I'm just here to see you get your ass handed to you." He said cheerfully. before looking to Y/n. "Not that I'm cheering for you, either Y/n." He added, preferring it if she didn't get a big head. 

Y/n rolled her eyes clearly doubting, "Sure, maybe next you'll say 'it's not like I like you' like the tsundere you are." She teased in a lightly mocking voice.

Scaramouche clicked his tongue, not wanting to dignify her taunts with a response. "Anyways, Childe if you could get your shit together and beat her once or twice that'd be great." He suggested flatly. 

Childe looked a bit annoyed but sarcastically replied with a "Thanks for the vote of confidence." Before they started the second spar. 

By the end, the overall score ended up being 5-2 to Y/n with 2 ties. Panting slightly as Y/n stared down at him with a triumphant smile. "Checkmate, bitch." She said jokingly.

Scaramouche who enjoyed watching both parties get reasonably pummeled before stopping by the statue of seven in between one of the matches, commented "Once again, you should join the Fatui, Y/n you're quite the fighter." He offered.