The Crybaby Dragon

After grabbing the Lyre the group went back to Angel's share to meet up with Jean and plan the next move. 

Walking through the door venti called over to Jean, "We're back, and we got the Lyre!" He said as the holy lyre was set on the bar counter, Venti picked it up and began carefully running his hands over the lyre, admiring its craftsmanship, "The pattern of flowing wind-carved on the rosewood... and the strings still feel cool to the touch too, ah the memories," He sighed seemingly satisfied with life. 

Jean, feeling as uncomfortable as I did when trying to find a description of Venti feeling up his lyre asked, "So, do you think you can summon Dvalin?" She asked. 

Venti stopped ogling his instrument, looking over to the blond woman. "Although this lyre is the real thing, I doubt that it's going to work," He answered somewhat awkwardly before continuing to explain the problem a bit more, "The lyre has been through a thousand years of history, thus Anemo power has run dry. In this condition, you couldn't play music fit for even Diluc's tavern with it," 

The last sentence irked diluc as he quickly defended his tavern's honor, "Bards fight to get on the stage of my tavern. Don't make assumptions!" He said with an irritable click of a tongue, giving her bard a dirty look.

Paimon finding the response from the redhead incredibly petty cut in "Is that really important right now, Master Diluc!?" she let out a disappointed exasperated sigh, complimented with a shake of her head. before looking to Venti to dig in at him, "And you, did you just borrow the Holy Lyre to play music for drunkards to hear?" She scolded angrily.

Venti only let out a little giggle, "Ehe," He gave the girl a cheeky smile not minding her angry scolding.

Paimon looked at him, feeling her eye twitch somewhat, "What do you mean 'ehe'!?" She snapped angrily while Y/n offered Jean some popcorn while watching the fairy-like girl scold the archon.

Jean ended up passing on the offer of the popcorn which Y/n was happily enjoying. Venti only gave a vague shrug, changing the subject, leaving the small child to malt, "Anyway, we won't be able to call Dvalin with it. The lyre itself is fine, but the strings..." he trailed off before looking to Aether with a spark in his eyes, "You're up Outlander!" He said as if choosing a pokemon to kill a god.

Aether was taken aback, confused, "..I don't know how to fix instruments," He said confusion lacing his voice.  

The bard held the lyre out towards the Traveller, "Relax! It's not broken. It's just that the intensity of its Anemo power has greatly diminished." He explained before instructing, "I assume you still have the teardrop crystal with you, just use it on the Holy Lyre."

Aether nodded slightly getting the teardrop from before to use on the lyre. As soon as the teardrop had been absorbed by the lyre its previous ancient and dull look was quickly replaced with a youthful glow as if being returned to its true state. 

Venti smiled, happy that the purified teardrop had worked in rejuvenating his beloved lyre. "...This youthful glow," Jean murmured in shock and admiration. 

Man, real life is much better graphics than the game, Y/n thought admiring the beautiful lyre as it gave off an aura of anemo, the strings glowing with life.  "Agreed, it's super pretty," she muttered, 

"Thanks to Traveler having purified the crystal, the Holy Lyre won't continue to lose power, but with that being said, its power is far from replenished. It'd be great if we could get more tears." He explained to the others, though he was happy that his lyre was no longer 'dying' he knew that the faint anemo aura would be far from enough for him to use for summoning Dvalin.