Chapter 10

The sound of our silverware and my constant fingers hitting the table is what surrounds us, possibly uncomfortable silence. My left hand drums on the table while my right pushes the food on my plate. The food was pasta and I don't really care for it, I even ended up arguing with Elena on the food choices when we were at the store but sadly I lost.

Since dinner was served I didn't look at Stefan. Not one glance. I only looked between my twin and Bonnie, but my gaze lingered on her a bit longer before turning back to my plate. remember that feeling of darkness, and death? Yeah, it was here with Stefan. I felt suffocated, it was like if the air was water clear and purified then there is black ink tainting it. Letting it flow and spread in the water. To make even worse that dream I had made me feel self cautious around him, not let my guard down fully.

"Ow!" I saw Elena looking at me then at my hands, a signal to stop it. She kicked me though, she could have just told me to stop it but NO. I rolled my eyes but obliged.

Everyone's eyes were on me waiting for me to start it off. Hell no, not my plan so I am not making the first move. By the way, I am right of Elena while Bonnie was in front of her and Stefan on the end, well in between Elena and Bonnie I guess. I didn't want to be completely rude so I waited until my sister was done swallowing then I nudged her in the side, in between a soft and hard nudge, to let her know she is starting first. She winced a little and glared at me before starting off the conversation. What comes around goes back around.

Her gaze went to Stefan, "Did Tanner give you a hard time today?"

"Well, he let me on the team, so I must have done something right." He replied. We all chuckle slightly.

"Bonnie, you should have seen Stefan today. Tyler threw a ball right at him, and-"

"Yea, I heard." Bonnie rudely interrupted.

I cleared my throat and placed my fork and. "Um, Yea. Sorry about Ty though. He can be... repulsive." I glanced at Stefan. I know I shouldn't apologize for Ty's actions I don't want another time of silence and felt bad that Tyler did that to Stefan, he didn't need that.

Stefan gave me a small smile. "I wasn't you're fault, Nat." I just gave a nod.

Me and Elena took a sip of our drinks at the same time. While everybody else had some water or juice I had poured in some of my new vodka into my cup. Elena decided to pick it back up again.

"Why don't you tell Stefan about your family?" I side-eyed my sister evilly. She should know what Bonnies been through with her family. Stupid.

The first few seconds Bonnies just looks at Elena then talks. "Um, divorced. No mom. Live with my dad." Stefan just nods and hums.

"No. About the witches."

My eyes immediately turned to Bonnie. Her eyes slightly widen but not much, she looks at me. I know she couldn't wrap her head around it like me, or maybe I am just wishing she doesn't so I am alone. I gave her a slight shrug and let my eyes soften a bit to let her know I'm sorry.

While we are doing this Stefan's head went towards Elena. She continued talking to him. "Bonnie's family has a lineage of witches. It's really cool." She turns back to Bonnie.

Bonnie disagrees. "Cool isn't the word I'd use."

Elena gave her a look. She wouldn't get it, how could she? Being able to do things and predict them is freaky. It was more terrifying.

"Well, it's certainly interesting." Stefan says. "I'm not too versed but I do know that there's a history of Celtic Druids that migrated here in the 1800's." At this point I am intrigued.