CHAPTER 21

The cold water splashed on my face as I looked into the mirror watching every drop run down my face. After Damon came by , I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad happened, something that wasn't supposed to happen.

So I did what calms me, putting on my music. Softly my speaker sang out Kelly Clarkson, Behind These Hazel Eyes. I hummed lightly to it as I dried my face, the feeling from earlier slowly dissipating as I was happily drowning into my music.

Grabbing the speaker with me, I pulled open my door and headed straight to my bookshelf that was attached to my wall and grabbed The Fault in Our Stars. I have probably read this 10 times and I still can't get enough of it.

I spun around to see a figure in the middle of my room and I jumped 5 feet in the air, lighting up some candles, whose flame rose high.

"Shh, it's fine. It's just me, Damon." He clarified.

My heart beat was slowing down as my palms sweated. "God, Damon! Don't fucking scare me like that!" I pointed at him.

He pulled a small smirk. "Sure thing, Princess."

My checks lightly burn, but ran cold as I saw blood on his shirt, mouth, and hands. I took a step closer to him, looking for any injures. "What happened? Are you hurt?"

Damon looked taken back by my last question, but shrugged it off. "Not my blood." My eyes widened, and he noticed this. "It is some of that reporter dude and Stefan's." He said quickly.

"I'is Stefan okay?" He nodded. "Logan?"

"Dead." I nodded and looking at my window that was open, guess that's how he got here. "How did you light those candles?"

My body tensed. I didn't even know the candles lit, how am I supposed to cover it up? Looking at him I could see that his brain is working at something... I need to be fast. "Uh, trick candles." I said in confidence.

Damon rose his brow. "You expect me to believe that?"

"Yeah, I mean have you seen a trick candle before?" He shook his head no. Perfect. "Then how would you know?"

He searched my face and smirked, slowly taking a step to me. "I know you're lying, princess."

I gulped at this. No one saw threw my lies, I knew with confidence it would work but he knew I was lying. "Why did you come here, Damon?" I countered.

Damon's smirk fell a little. He looked rather... sorry? No, more like uncomfortable. He mumbled a, "Vicki's a vampire."

"What?" I knew what he said but I couldn't even fathom the idea. God I said like my sister.

This time rather looking not like the person he perseves, he striaghtened up and voice hardening showing no compassion only saracasticness. "Vicki+Vampire= Vicki's a Vampire."

"I know what you meant, Damon." I snapped at him, beginning to feel that horrible feeling.

He rolled his eyes at me getting me more annoyed. "Well, maybe you shouldn't ask stupid questions then, Natasha." Then he was gone in a blink of an eye.

The music was still softly playing but I paid no mind to it, and groaned out loud stomping to my bed throwing the book and speaker on to it. That horrible feeling slowly lifted but the candles still were lit. A smirk rose to my lips as I thought of an idea. With a wave of my hand it, the flames that danced were gone only to leave smoke in it's absence.

"Yes! I did it, I did it." I said to myself doing a little dance. "Well, that wasn't hard."

Even though Vicki was turned into a vampire, I won't that affect what I do today. But Elena's non-stop begging was deathly annoying that I gave up on getting out of it. So here me and my twin are at the Salvatore House ringing the bell.