CHAPTER 14

3rd person POV

Hiding in the shadows, waiting to make his presence known was Damon listening to the high school drama. Matt walked away from Stefan after he apologized and mended amends with the young Salvatore. This was his time, Damon clapped which gained Stefan's attention.

"Isn't that nice? Stefan joins a team, makes a friend. It's all 'rah-rah, go team, yeah.'" Damon threw his hand in the air with sarcastic spirit.

Stefan not so much. He wasn't in the mood for is brother's presence. "Not tonight. I'm done with you." He turned around to see Damon in front of him.

The elder brother wouldn't let him go just yet. "Nice trick with Natasha." Although Stefan didn't let it show, if he did have a heart, he could feel it slightly drop. "Let me guess- vervain in that necklace?"

Stefan looked away knowing his brother knew.

"I admit, I was a bit surprised. It's been awhile since anyone could resist my compulsion." Damon stopped to look at his brother sternly. "Where did you get?"

"Does it matter?" Stefan deflected it, and started to walk away.

"I guess I could seduce her the old-fashion way, since I know she can't resist me. Or I could just... Eat her." Damon said.

With that Stefan stopped walking, and turned towards Damon. "No. You're not going to hurt her, Damon." He doesn't say this with a stern voice but more with a smug voice.

"No?" The eldest questioned amused.

They are close to each other once again.

"Because deep down inside, there is a part of you that feel's for Natasha. I was worried that you had no humanity left inside of you. That you may have actually become the monster that you pretend to be." Stefan said seriously.

Damon on the other hand was choked. He knew there was something that drew him to Natasha but will never let that happen. Even though Katherine was number one, he still couldn't help but want to be near Natasha Gilbert. But will he let his brother know that? No.

"Who's pretending?" Damon added a little smirk.

"Then kill me." The youngest Salvatore said. He knew that his brother wouldn't kill him. Stefan was so confident that there still was a sliver of hope, humanity that was in his older brother.

"Well, I'm- I'm tempted." Damon retorted.

Stefan shook his head slightly. "No, you're not. You've had lifetimes to do it, and yet, here I am. I'm still alive. And there you are." They stare at each other intensely. "You're still haunting me. After 145 years. Katherine is dead."

The black haired Salvatore swallowed. He knew Katherine was in that tomb waiting for him.

"And you hate me because you loved her, and you torture me because you still do. And that, my brother is your humanity," continued Stefan.

They stared at each other. Others may think it was a staring contest but it more deadly than that.

"Salvatore!" A distant voice could be heard. A voice that Stefan knew, the coach, Mr. Tanner. The boys put their attention to the coach. "What the hell? We've got a game to play!"

The older vampire wanted to make a point to his brother that there is no humanity in him, that there is no saving him. And here was the perfect victim. "If that's my humanity, then what's this?" He smirked before vamp-speeding to Mr. Tanner. Damon sunk his teeth in the guys neck and sucked him dry. Once there was no more he let the body out of his grip, which landed with a big thump.

He could hear Stefan protesting but didn't care. Looking at his younger brothers terrified face was enough to let him know that he got the point.

"Anyone, any time, any place." With that Damon vamp-sped out of their. Stefan on the other hand left so nobody could question him what happened.

Natasha POV

Everybody was at the sighting where Mr. Tanner's dead body was discovered. It was just me and Bonnie on my left. I never liked Mr. Tanner but he doesn't really deserve this kind of death. An animal attack sounds painful. But I don't feel like it is an animal attack. Cause why would an animal come to the middle of town and feast on one person? Doesn't make sense, but what am I supposed to do about it?

My eyes never stay in one place since I don't know where to look. I don't want to look at a dead body nor the blood but where else is there? Then Bonnie nudges me in the ribs.

"OW!" I whined. "Bonnie, why-" She doesn't look at me but it staring intensely at something. I follow her gaze then we find the same the numbers. Building 8, license plate with 14, and parking spot number 22.

Feelings begin to stir in my stomach as my face is terrified. And those feelings aren't the warm ones. They are death, horror, blood-curling feelings. The ones that eat you up. And the worst part is me and Bonnie were warned about this. Those are the numbers that we have been seeing. I could have stopped what happened.

Bonnie's face is petrified with tears welling up in her eyes. As much we are to blame, I can't help but feel it worse. I was here not to long ago getting my sweater.

I grabbed Bonnie into my hug facing her away from the numbers. She held on to me tightly but I didn't pay mind to it, I just told nice things to her while she cried silently into me. A few tears left my eyes as they never left the number 22 where the blood of Mr. Tanner spread.

We stood there for what felt like in hour before we went our own ways.

That was not a coincidence. Why would life show me this? I can light candles, predict where things are, feel things, and predict the future? There are only so many things I can deal with. What am I? Bonnie says her Grams says she's a 'witch' for prediction maybe I am one?

That is what intend to do tomorrow. For I have to finish my book, If I Stay. I only have five chapters left and only read 2 more chapters before I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.

Damon's POV

I climbed in threw Natasha's window and saw her sleeping peacefully with her book in her lap. The light next to her bed was on that made everything about her so much more magnetic. I can't help but feel this pull to her.

Standing next to her I saw all of her features. Her light natural blush painted her cheeks, while her pink lips were parted from her sleep. I let my fingers skim lightly on her cheek, for as if she was a porcelain doll. And that she was. She was very beautiful, she could almost be angel for how angelic she was. You could see where her dimples show to notice how her face was relaxed not made into an image she created for others to see.

She was an angel compared to me, a true monster. I know that she is drawn to me like I to her. For once, I find myself not wanting to taint Natasha with myself.

I am interrupted out of my thoughts when she begins to stir in her sleep. So before she awakens, I leave out the window with my vamp-speed. At a safe distance away, I watch as the lights in her room go out.

I can not get closer to her, my mind has to be kept on Katherine.