CHAPTER 11

Looking around the kitchen with nothing to do, I noticed there was some dishes to be done. Let's keep my mind off this. Shrugging to myself and started to do them mindlessly while I was in my mind. What was Caroline's motive for saying that crap? I know that me, Elena and Jeremy have been coping in our own ways but why did she have to input on it? Like we get it. They died and we changed. We don't need an reminder about it.

I was already on my last dish and now done. That was rather quick, I guess being in your head is timeless. Then I felt this darkness behind me and I knew it was one of the Salvatore's.

"One more." I heard Damon say as he strutted in.

I offered a small smile. "Oh, thank you." Then I went to grab it but it slipped threw my fingers. An gasp fell out of my mouth as my hand went to grab it, even though it was gonna crash. Damon was quicker to grab it, too quick. It was almost like the Flash's speed but a little slower. He offered it to me and I chuckled under my breath. "That was a nice save there." Turning around to wash it as my back was to him.

"I like you. You know how to laugh." I smiled a little at this with a hint of a warmth in my cheeks. "I think you and my brother could even be friends. Which he hasn't had in a very long time." He was at the right of me but towards the dishwasher. When I looked at him, I could see the mischief lingering in there.

Stefan. Oh, yea Stefan. He seems aright. Wait- what did Damon mean earlier? um that they watched everyone they loved die? And then brought up a her- WAIT! Katherine!!! I bet he was meaning Katherine.

"Earlier, did you mean Katherine?" I asked cautiously. I don't want to intrude too far into it. He hummed in agreement. I was starting to not even feel the aura around Damon the more we talked. It felt as if it was slightly dimmed only like 1%.

My brows slightly furrowed. "How did she die?"

Damon's eyes switched between mine and the air. "In a fire. Tragic fire."

"Recently?" I couldn't stop the questions. I need to know for sure my sister doesn't go through something similar.

"Well, it seems like it was yesterday." He gave an vague answer and did not help my suspicions. I didn't speck for a second. I placed dishes that I washed in the washer while he watched. To be honest, I was genuinely curious as to who this 'Katherine' was.

My mind hesitated before I asked. "What was she like?" I looked at Damon.

He took a second. "She was beautiful. A lot like you. She.. was very complicated and selfish, and at times not very kind. But very sexy and seductive." He gave me a flirty look.

I rolled my eyes, "Which one of you dated her first?" I pointed a plate at him which he placed in the washer as he chuckled. "Nicely deduced Natasha."

"I would ask Stefan. I'm sure his answers differ from mine." Damon closed the washer as we were done. We stared at each other for a moment. I couldn't see what was in his eyes this time, is that what I looked like?

I was the first to break off the stare and walked to the island to fold rags. Surprisingly Elena didn't do these. She always likes to have things neat and done. He sat close to me on a stool.

"I would quit going to cheer practices if I were you." He blankly said.

Who was he to tell me what to do? I huffed. "Why do you say that?" there was a slight sass to my tone, barely noticeable.

His hands were folding some rags also. "I saw you at practice. You looked miserable sitting there."

"You saw that?"

"Am I wrong?" I looked at him with a slight quicken heart beat. Was I really that easy to read? Did he see through my façade?

Then my attention was between the air and him, "I used to love watching my sister and friends do it while I supported them. It was fun. Some things are different this year. Things that mattered, doesn't matter anymore."