CHAPTER 12

A/N- The photo above is Natasha's necklace. This will be described later in the chapter!

I looked closer to see veins show through his skin with the colors of black and purple. How did I not see this before? My eyes wide a little before I took a step back. Why are his eyes like that? What-what is this? Fear started to pump in my veins, my hands started to shake slightly more with the unknown in front of me. The wind started to puck up slowly letting our hair dance.

Damon's mouth started mouthing but no words were said. Then he was just in front of me in an instant and about to reach out to me. I looked into his eyes and saw something, not the warm feeling. No. It was almost murderous. Damon was quick to react cause then I felt intense pain in my neck. It hurt like how ice freezes our body. My nerves shocked me and I felt numb. That is when an ear piercing scream that ached my throat.

I screamed awake, only to stop when I realized that I was in my room. My breathing was slowly climbing down but the amount of sweat I had was not normal for a girl. I instantly flew my hand to my neck for anything. Nothing, not even a drop of blood or pain. It felt so real.

My door boosted open and jumped with another scream. "Natasha! Are you okay?" I looked to see Jenna standing there with worried eyes and a tense posture.

Nodding I added, "I'm fine, Jenna. Just a nightmare."

She relaxed instantly. "O-okay. I am here if you need anything, Okay?" I just nodded.

When I was certain she was back in her room, I lifted the covers. My throat ached really bad. It was dry like a flipping desert. Lucky enough for me, I always have a case of water under my chair. The only reason I have water there is cause I don't usually drink enough water in the day so I kept it there for access.

I let out a groan as I walk towards my chair. My body feels all jelly and shit like the flu, all sore and tired. Why does this happen to me??? I don't see anybody in this family dealing with this but yet again I don't communicate. Never mind this.

In the background, where I can't see nor hear a crow watching me.

The water touches my lips and I down that fucker. I feel refreshed and now awake. But mentally I feel scared and exhausted but I don't want to dream nor sleep again. I could feel my eyes drop a little and I sigh deeply.

This is going to be a fun night. Hopefully, I can stay up to re-watch all of Maze Runner movies.

Friday is upon us and I would have spent it at my bed cuddled with ice cream and rom-coms that make me cry and smile. That doesn't happen this Friday. I get stuck with cheering Caroline, Bon's and the rest of the cheer squad. Elena quit which I am happy for her. She needs change not a reset button.

Elena walks with me on my left. We see a bunch off people at the field ready for the kick off's soon.

"Ooh. You look hot, in your jersey" Voiced Elena.

Confused on to who she was talking to, I turned towards her to see her gaze on Stefan walking towards us. Internally I gagged, too sappy for me. Why can't she do this without me with her?

"What happened? No more cheerleader?" He questioned.

"She quit." I butted in.

"I'm a quitter."

Stefan grabbed her hand. "No, hey, you're not a quitter. You suffered a great loss. You're no the same person. You should be looking ahead. Starting over. Okay?"

We both smiled as I said, "That is something I can agree on." His gaze went towards me and he nodded at me before my sister and him went gazing at each other. I coughed, "Well I should be going.." I took a step back, ready to turn around.

"Wait." I stopped and rose my brow at Stefan. "I hope this isn't too soon or too weird," He glanced at us both. "But I want to give you guys these."

Stefan grabbed out a necklace for Elena that looked more her style, and handed me a necklace also. It was a tarnished gold with an vintage styled locket. In the middle had like a cute design, and even had a scent. It was beautiful. I would be lying if I didn't adore it.

"It's beautiful!" We both exclaimed.

"These are something I had forever." Stefan looked at Elena directly, "and I've never wanted to give it to anyone until now."

I felt guilty to say the least. Holding this necklace was him trying to be my friend and I haven't tried at all, not one bit. I mean yeah I talked to him but then I would ditch or be stand-offish. I could feel a small frown on my face.

"Sorry to burst the moment, but I can't except this. Not while I have been rude to you." They looked at me while I held the hand holding the necklace towards Stefan.

He stared at it for a moment before returning my gaze. Stefan shook his head with a slight smile. "It's okay, keep it. Think of it as a start over in our friendship."

I couldn't help but smile a little bit. "Okay."

"Could you guys where it for me? You know, good luck?" He looked at us both but mostly at Elena. I nodded while Elena smelt her necklace, I guess hers has a smell also.

"Is that rose that I smell?"

"No, it's herb. It's nice huh?"

While Stefan helped Elena I already put mine on and smiled at them. They seemed so happy, and I can't meddle in that. From now on I will try to be nicer to Stefan, after all if he is gonna be my sisters boyfriend I need to be nicer.

"I'm gonna go. Bye!" They waved me off and I have no idea where I'm going.

A/N

So sorry for the late updates, I am working on them now. I should be posting 1 or 2 more chapters tonight, so watch out. Also I know this chapter is short but I have a perfect explanation.

My mom is on season 4 of Vampire Dairies on my profile and I write my chapters while watching the show so I can't really do that, but no fear, there is YouTube. It may take a little more time to do so:/

Leave a comment or vote please and thank you for reading this book/chapter!!!

Love you all!!!