CHAPTER 34

I wiped the remaining water- which wasn't much- on to my skirt, looking down as I walk to where Bonnie and Caroline are supposed to be. "Okay guys, I'm back and ready to party." I say in a cheery voice. Once I look up to not see either of them but Damon and the power couple stood where my friends were. I narrow my eyes at him, "What did you say to make them scurry?"

Damons puts on a fake offended look, putting a hand to his heart. "What makes you think it was me? It could been them." He points to the latter.

A small chuckle arose while I rolled my eyes. "Cause you're... you." He shrugged, silently agreeing to my statement.

"Where'd they go?" Elena wondered out loud.

"Dunno." Damon replied, while Stefan doesn't buy it. I don't either but he wouldn't do anything to them. I go to stand next to Damon as we face the couple, it wasn't that I hated them, it's just I wish I had that.

The younger Salvatore looks at his brother, "What did you say to them?"

Damon meets his gaze, obviously about to lie. "I was perfectly polite." He looks from me to Elena who was Infront of us and smirks with a hint of mischief in his eyes. "Elena. Would you like to dance?"

My stomach stirred, not with butterflies but with jealousy. Why would he ask her when she clearly likes Stefan? A small frown was noticeable on my face as I watched my sister. Her face flashed with an shock before she sweetened her smile. "I would love to." She turned to Stefan offering her arm, "May I have this dance?" He smiled down at her before looping with her arm taking them to the dance floor.

All while Damon and I watched them, unlike the raven hair man beside me, I had a small smirk but I was still a little jealous. That's Damon for you though, flirting with everybody.

"Natasha." I looked up to him to see him with a flirty face. "Would you care to dance?" His request sounded genuine but I will not be a last resort.

I shook my head. "No." I looked to the side then back at him giving me a pout.

"Please, Princess." he begged quieter, taking a step closer. I refused to look at him knowing I will give in. "I will buy your ice cream if you dance with me." He tried bribing me with my known weakness. Not falling for it.

"Ask me again in a minute." I spoke softly not really wanting to say no before walking off to find my best friend.

Some classmates came up to me talking about some topics that I tuned out for awhile before I excused myself, walking around the gym. I spotted Damon talking to the new teacher, Alaric Saltzman, before Alaric left the conversation with Damon gazing after him with a suspicious look. Keeping my self cool, I stood next him looking around the gym before smiling at my sister. I saw Damon look at me for a second in the corner of my eye.

"You should loosen up." I played looking at him as he sent me a look of confusion. "I bet everyone in here thinks your some strict guy."

He huffed, rolling his eyes. "Maybe I can loosen up if I can get a dance with you."

His eyes met mine as I pursued my lips trying to keep me from a smile. I hummed in acknowledgement, looking to the ceiling back to him. I could see his was eager yet impatient. "Only to not scare the kids."

Damon's laugh can be heard as he looped my arm through his. "We all know it's a lie." He purred.

"I-It's the truth. Ice cream is my weakness." I stuttered but he hummed. My palms were sweating a little as we walked to the floor. Little flutters appeared when his hands held my waist, we were pretty close together. "You know, I don't dance." I felt a nice little nostalgia.