3. Elysium

"And your eyes are stars, baby
They heal my scars…"

Hansung squirmed on his bed, holding the piece of paper Jungkook left for him on the window. Sleep had given up on him hours ago, which made the prince daydream about things that are not on his hold. The night was merciless. Hansung's wide eyes portrayed some unknown pictures on the neat white ceiling. He loved the truce of the darkness but not the mess in his head. It was unbearable. The only thing the prince thought would make him go to sleep was the poems Jungkook sent him secretly. Their midnight meeting didn't happen. The sorrow-filled eyes searched for the time traveler in the hope that they can meet soon. Floating the lavender curtains of his window, the smooth breeze came inside the bedroom, made the papers in Hansung's hands fly but the prince held them close. It was his precious reason to blush. 

"My heart vessels are empty
Fill me with your love, my moon..." 

The next line read and Hansung placed a hand on his heart unknowingly. He was in despair. His heart bleeds while reading them. Only if Hansung has love to fill the vessels of Jungkook. But he doesn't. His life has been loveless for so long. No one came to his life to tell him that it's okay to feel love towards a person. A person who is not from your century, a person who he can never have, a person who is a man just like him. Hansung doesn't know how that system works. He doesn't know how people can say they're in love. 

Love

The prince repeated the word in his head multiple times. Why wasn't that made something to him? Running his fingers through the messy bed hair, Hansung sat up to take a deep breath. When his glance landed outside of the half-open window, his breath hitched.  The moon. It wasn't pretty. It had scars everywhere. The glow was so bright that he couldn't trace the stars. The moon looked like a scribble. Just like the letters of Jungkook's poems. Scribbles that will always stay closer to his cracked soul. 

"Every night I see you
Every day I crave for you

What should I do 
To hold you in my arms
And run to the dawn 

Tell me who I'm to you 
Before the night hides the hue…" 

Hansung paused reading. The ink on the paper smudged a little which made it look like a painting of a tree. The prince led his fingertips to touch those branches of the delusional picture. He can see Jungkook writing those, sitting under his cherry blossom, glancing at his window or the cloudy sky and with a sweet smile on his lips. Even the imagination makes the prince smile from the heart. But the lines he read scratches his truce. It breaks his little world of happiness. There were no questions left on Hansung's life until that day. But the poem relinquished him in a speechless abyss. Who is Jungkook to Hansung? 

The prince asked himself. They were more than strangers, that's for sure. But are they friends? Jungkook always says he has only one friend and that's the prince. That's not the thing. He knows Jungkook considers him more than just a friend. In fact, he's the love of Jeon Jungkook- a place no one had given to him until that day, in his life. Hansung trembled. The thought was a sweet discovery like a night after a day. It was relaxing at first. Then the darkness covered him so mercilessly that he couldn't open his eyes and make a wish to the stars. He hated it. Realizing and living with that truth that he's the one Jungkook loves doesn't make Hansung happy. Maybe it's because he can't reciprocate the feeling. It's because he was not in love with Jungkook. 

It was that simple. Jeon Jungkook was a man of dreams. But Kim Hansung never had any dreams to have him. He knows that Jungkook is a perfect person for a soul like him. He knows Jungkook can easily heal his wounds and soothe his pain. He can feel every touch of the younger one that tells him how precious he's. Even after letting Hansung know that Jungkook loves him beyond any centuries, the prince couldn't hold on to those reasons. He couldn't love Jungkook back. Why? Maybe because he's from the present where Hansung can't go. Or maybe because he doesn't know what love is. Maybe because Jungkook doesn't deserve a person like him. Or maybe because he doesn't need love. Wait, is there anyone who does not need love?