19. Until We Met

"Because I love you... I love to dance in the rain with you..."

The only thing Jungkook could hear was that. The voice of his prince, sweet and low, against his lips, as the raindrops fell from his eyelashes to cheeks, touching his lips. All he could do was portray the face of Kim Hansung, just in front of his eyes as he looked at the student council secretary.

He knew Taehyung was in pain, he wanted to help. For god's sake, he doesn't know what made him stay at the uni after the little quarrel with Yoongi. Jungkook was mad, but that's not it. He was broken because he couldn't do anything about it.

Time went on with thoughts, the rain came and he walked out of the uni only to meet Taehyung standing alone, totally drenched. Though his instinct was to walk away since Taehyung looked like he was in his own daze, Jungkook couldn't bring himself to do so.

As he stared at the man who stood in front of him with a lost expression, face littered with cuts, eyes closed and body trembling, Jungkook couldn't figure out why Taehyung was doing that to himself. He just wanted to help and the elder made it so difficult for him. At one point, Jungkook wanted to leave.

The moment when Taehyung said those words, he wanted to stay away from everything and everyone.

So, he stepped away, freeing Taehyung from his hold which does not even mean to be there in the first place.

"Only if you know what it feels like to be loved by me..."

Jungkook mumbled, the hurt oozing with his words, and Taehyung opened his eyes softly. Their weak gazes met and the already blurred vision got hazier as if their heads were spinning. Taehyung stepped away to walk.

He didn't say anything further and turned to walk away. But Jungkook couldn't. He was stuck, he needed something to hold on to and help himself.

"No, wait..."

He voiced out, but no one heard. When Taehyung didn't stop and look in his way, Jungkook leaned to grab the man's hand and pulled the other towards him. Too shook to utter a word, Taehyung let himself fit in Jungkook's strong arms, the grip around him tightened, things falling into places again.

Jungkook held Taehyung tight, pressing their bodies closer and wrapping his arms around Taehyung's slender waist. He thought the least he could do was tell Taehyung something comforting since the expression Taehyung carried on felt heavy on his heart.

He took slow and steady breaths, not really minding the way how they were glued together, their wet dress sticking as another skin, the slow rain drops making their vision blur and they shuddered from the cold and close proximity.

"What are you doing?"

Taehyung asked in his heavy voice, the softness he had in his tone earlier was clearly missing. Jungkook hid the shaky thoughts crowding inside and took his good time to scan Taehyung's eyes which were tired yet so intriguing.

"I... ugh, You're hurt and bleeding. At least let me treat your wounds."

"Ha, as if you could. As if you can heal me..."

Taehyung murmured under his breath.

"What?"

"Umm, nothing. Just... never mind. I'll just leave. Bye--"

"Taehyung, listen to me..." He tried again, yanking Taehyung's hand and placing it on the shoulder.

"Why would I, Jungkook? Why would I listen---"

"Because... "

Jungkook stammers this time, he doesn't even know why he was searching for a reason to make Taehyung stay and let him help. God, he doesn't even know the council secretary, yet he was willing to treat the wounds of the other, doesn't even matter if Taehyung was ready to acknowledge the small act of humanity.