8. Fallin' Forevers

It's been mayhem to him. It felt like he didn't have any right to exist. How could he even think of it? How could he even imagine that his desires will be fulfilled at a place where he doesn't even belong. Nevertheless, he dreams. Because he learned the art of blooming where he planted. It does not feel like an impossible thing for him- to go for what his heart wanted. To hell with it, Jeon Jungkook reached years back to 1849, only to meet the lover he has never seen other than in the hidden pages of his history book. And now you think he can't accomplish the longing he protected like a precious flower from heaven? No. No is never an option for Jungkook.

Either way, this time, the boy stiffened, taking a wild guess of the expression that lingered on Hansung's face. It wasn't the vibe of hate, thank God. But sure the prince was flabbergasted to the core and that was clear behind that frowned eyebrows, scrunched nose, and tightly pressed lips. Jungkook held his breath in his sleeves. His heart thumped fast against his ribcage and the overwhelming feeling returned to him. For the umpteenth time, he doesn't want to lose the prince at any cost. This is what he got. And he wanted it to be forever, even after knowing everything.

Jungkook waits for Hansung to reply, counting the heartbeats he could hear in that silent room. The said prince was looking at him in awe. Indeed, Jeon Jungkook felt like a miracle to Hansung, while holding him like that. As if he's the invaluable world or a piece of the moon, Jungkook's hands enclosed him in a warm hug, letting him hear the slow and steady heartbeats. For a moment, Hansung did not want to think. He did not want to mull over how the love of Jeon Jungkook is forbidden to him, and how there's no future for them. There's no Hansung in a world where Jungkook is, and there was never a Jungkook in a world where Hansung lived. But he didn't want all of those to destroy the beauty of the moment he got. Wait, Jungkook asked something.

Hansung, with tightly pressed lips and a wild thumping heart, contemplated the words he just heard. No, there was no disgust in his mind while imagining himself in a position like that. But still. Hansung paused.

He inhaled sharply, eyes trailing from Jungkook's doe and innocent orbs to his boopable nose, then right there. It would be a lie if Hansung said that he never thought about what Jungkook asked. He did, oh so badly, and wanted to fulfill it. He wanted to get to know how it feels to touch the soft wet skin, taste the essence of the present that would linger on Jungkook for sure. He wanted to fulfill all those thoughts which once used to fog up his right mind.

Nevertheless, he stays silent. His heart was calm and his body melted in the warmth of Jungkook. Hansung feels like a feather going aimlessly in the air, along with the chilly breeze. It was so healing yet overwhelming. Hansung knows how Jungkook was struggling to keep his stance like that as if nothing happened as if the world was working well. He softly placed his hand on the younger's cheeks, feeling the cold skin under his big hands, and rubbed soothing circles on it. Even though Jungkook's body was cold, he never failed to spread warmth to Hansung. The unselfishness made the prince smile wholeheartedly.

He knew what he was going to do. He knew there would be consequences for each of his actions and he was so ready to face all of them. It's not like he's brave. It's because Hansung was tired and torn between want of heart and book of fortune. He didn't want to play along with fate anymore.

"I... I don't want to miss you...

When you leave this place when you leave me, I want to forget you."

When Jungkook heard those words from the prince, all he could focus on was the serenity of his heart. No beating, no rushing of blood. No pain. Was it even there? Jungkook concentrated so hard to catch a beat but failed miserably. He was expecting a rejection in the first place yet he didn't want to believe that his expectations were turning into reality. Worst and vigorous.