9. Our Dandelions

The midnight was not that dark, the bluish sky was visible through the clouds while the full moon glowed above them. The paths were empty, and the petals were blending with the mud, wildflowers blooming from afar, chilly breeze was making them shiver. Hand in hand, shoulder to shoulder they walked. No, it's not a dream.

Jungkook on the right, holding Hansung by his waist, while the prince's head was resting on his shoulder and they walked. Hansung doesn't know where, but he trusted Jungkook. The only thing he knows about their little escape was, no it wasn't to present. Though he wanted to, Hansung already learned how to turn down the desires that can't be yours, and this time, it took him just a deep breath to make him forget about that dream. He has moved on really well. Maybe in a wrong way, but still, Hansung has wrapped up all the pages of his fairy tale, very beautifully.

The only thing Jungkook wanted when he left that day from Hansung's room was to make the prince his, for eternity- or at least once more. He doesn't have any right on Hansung, he never will. It was more than just bewilderment when his lover from the past decided to break the curse and convey his heart- his love. When Hansung said he was falling for him, the time traveler could only cry.

Cry hard on Hansung's arms, hugging him like there's no tomorrow and whispering a lot of things that were difficult to understand. He cried his heart out making Hansung taken aback by his way of expressing. Was he sad? Was he happy? Jungkook doesn't know. He was happy that he could return to the present with the truth that Hansung loves him. He was sad because he'll have to return to the present one day, leaving everything, leaving the old palace and muddy footpaths, leaving the vintage sceneries and dusty memories, leaving the royal affairs and his only lover.

He will have to leave without Hansung one day. And that one day wasn't far.

Holding Hansung tight as if not ready to let go any time soon, he led them to somewhere away from the chaos, careful to not be seen by any villagers out there. Jungkook can feel Hansung's anxiety about going out. It was probably the first time for the prince after what felt like decades. Jungkook wanted to protect the enthusiasm bubbling inside Hansung and keep him safe in his arms. He walked with that mission in his head.

As they paused, Hansung let his eyes wander and took a sharp inhale. He closed his eyes to feel the surroundings and at that right moment, he felt like a zephyr, smoothly flowing through the woods, caressing the leaves and flowers. He feels Jungkook's hands running soothing circles on his waist, anticipation-filled eyes peeking at him, waiting for his words. That's what the dilemma Hansung was going through. He doesn't have words.

They were at a cliff, down there a valley with dandelions unraveled like a flower bed, the calming scent was enough for them to forget the boundaries that were stopping them. The place looked like a painting. A masterpiece that an artist left incomplete. Yes, it was beautiful but Hansung couldn't help but wonder why his mind was screaming loneliness at that place. He thought it was a random thought, but then his eyes landed on Jungkook.

It wasn't just any place. Hansung knows. The admiration that he sighted in Jungkook's eyes was enough for him to understand that the younger took him to a spot where he ran away from the chaos. It was Jungkook's safe place. Now the loneliness he felt makes sense. The beauty of the place was another level, but just like Jungkook, it was limited. For some days. And after that, the season will change. The dandelions will fall. And Jungkook will leave.

Hansung felt his heart tugging at that painful thought. He was way past not being bothered by anything the time traveler does. Now, the little things Jungkook loves sick, Hansung wanted to protect them all. He loved all of the wrongs because Jungkook loved doing them. He broke all the rules because he wanted Jungkook to be happy. He wanted to do all the things that Jungkook loves, wanted to keep all the things that remind him of Jungkook. Hansung would smile at the thought that in that little time, his life started revolving around the man from the present. He would cry at the thought that he didn't meet Jungkook earlier. Right person, right dreams but wrong centuries.