22. Strawberries & Cigarettes

They didn't meet. Taehyung busied himself with the artfest works while Jungkook tagged along with Yoongi and his usual routines. Life was never the same for both of them. Well, at least for Taehyung. He wanted to know why Jungkook was appearing in front of him, constantly trying to meet and talk to him.

And for Jungkook, it felt like Taehyung is an easygoing person who would never judge him for anything. Of course, he didn't want to be friends with the man but he would've loved the company of someone when Yoongi was busy in his studio or sleeping. And he thought Taehyung could be someone like that. But to his bad luck, they hadn't met for weeks.

It was an afternoon, he was sitting at the corner table of the library, and reading his usual fantasy books after tiring lectures. He flipped the pages feeling almost drowsy to keep his eyes open when something caught his eye.

There was a piece of paper half folded in the half of the book.

Usually, Jungkook would've spent no interest in reading them because students put papers like that with fake phone numbers or address to prank each other or even some random messages. But surprisingly, what he got was a painting. Precisely, his painting.

Jungkook held the paper as if it were a feather that flew to his hands like destiny. Whoever had portrayed him in that paper, had done a fine job in pencil drawing and gave whole justice to his every feature as if they memorized him.

He paused breathing for a moment to realize that what happened to him was a miracle that would never happen to others. Unless that someone knew him well. As it should. Because the drawing was what he was.

Sitting in a corner of the library and doodling while raindrops hitting on the window. He was sure that the painting was done by someone who knew his escape, someone who knew him while he was lost in oblivion.

Jungkook noticed there was a messy written line under the picture and it read

~

And I'll tell you
A
Million little reasons
I'm falling for your eyes
I just want to be where you are

~

Jungkook took out the paper and placed the book back in the stack while rushing out of the library. He wanted to discuss it with someone, he wanted to show it to someone. He dialed Yoongi's number twice but the man didn't pick up. Anger and helplessness seeped through his veins and he stomped his foot while walking aimlessly on the campus.

The only face his mind was painting, the only name his heart wanted to chant, the only person he longed to show it to, the only soul allowed to love him and paint him was his prince, Hansung. Yet Jungkook ended up at the studio where Kim Taehyung was.

The evening sun was about to set, the smooth sun rays invaded the little space of the art studio and Taehyung sat in the middle of the paints, messy brush strokes littering the canvas along with his face and fingers. He looked like an artwork himself in his white shirt and blue jeans. His neatly combed hair was a mess, with paint stains all over his face and hair strands.

The artist was immersed in a canvas, brush strokes here and there creating an illusion right in front of the eyes of the audience. Jungkook blinked twice at the artwork, leaning on the table and messing with the art supplies Taehyung placed on it. The said male turned as Jungkook cursed under his breath for being clumsy and diverting Taehyung's attention.

To say Taehyung was stunned after seeing Jungkook would be a major understatement. He was indeed not expecting the man to show up after what happened last time. The evening already made the sky a pale shade, and looking at Jungkook didn't brighten Taehyung's mood either.