24. Loving You Right

The next time Taehyung decided to leave the room and the art gallery was in the evening, in the middle of the artfest events going on. He really didn't want to, but being the council secretary, he had a lot to work on, people from all duties needed him to sort out many things regarding the preparation of the fest.

The heat was insufferable. They were walking side-by-side, him and Yoongi. Yes, he and Yoongi had barely met, not because of any other reasons, but because they both had a lot on their plates.

Taehyug always loved to spend time with the elder, because of how warm and relaxing Yoongi is. A wide smile plastered on his lips as he accompanied Yoongi to his shared dorm.

"So, after Jinyoung's performance, you have to go up, and don't worry, everyone will love your performance, hyung. You're amazing."

Taehyung, as usual, rambled while munching his fries and Yoongi smiled at him softly, grateful for the support. They were on the way to get the last-minute props for Yoongi's performance because they could not risk anything with that masterpiece yet to be presented on the stage.

And, that's why Taehyung agreed to go with the elder, though he hates the slight possibility of a confrontation in Yoongi's shared dorm. But, nothing like he feared happened and Taehyung thanked the lords.

"I will go get an extra pair of guitar keys, some notes, and the other cables. Make yourself comfortable, Tae"

Yoongi said as he walked forward to his room and Taehyung nodded while scanning the familiar place. His heart was beating loudly under his ribcage. The scent lingered in the living room, making him dizzy, and he wanted to go out and breathe some fresh air.

It hurts. Being in love hurts, and being in love with someone oblivious to your feelings hurts more. But Taehyung was prepared for the worst. The only thing is, he is still a boy trapped in his dreams. By the end of the day, he too wanted to be loved.

Taehyung's gaze automatically landed on the half-open door leading to the other room in the dorm, a very familiar one at that, the gray curtains moving softly against the wind, the string of light coming from the window was what made the room lit up in golden hue, bright enough for him to trace the things inside it, and refresh the vague memory.

Taehyung didn't fret when the curtains of the room moved slightly, showing the blurred vision of the room. His curiosity peaked, and thoughts went downhill as if he was on his own and nothing could stop him there. Taehyung felt his head spinning a bit. These days, he feels like it more often, especially when his thoughts are about Jungkook.

He hated to admit that the guy who was oblivious to all this had this much of an effect on him, since day one. Taehyung would never dare to complain though. Because, for him, Jungkook is that driving force that leads him from one place to another, makes him dream, and pushes him to the edge of want and fight for his needs.

Jungkook is a lot more than he ever imagined or wanted. Right now, Jungkook does those exact things to Taehyung without actually even doing anything.

With his curiosity skyrocketed, he was about to walk toward the door as if it was whispering his name, just then, Yoongi's voice broke it to him, and Taehyung turned to face the man. His eyes tingled at the lack of brightness in the room.

"Let's go"

Yoongi's voice brought him back and Taehyung cursed under his breath for zoning out. He stared at the man with curious wide eyes, like a deer caught in the headlight. Yoongi raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything which made Taehyung let out a sigh of relief.

While they were walking towards the auditorium, Taehyung kept his words and thoughts to himself, not to pull down the acting-cool facade in front of the elder. But he did know Yoongi could read the tension that lingered around and unlike Taehyung, the elder dared to take the matter in his hands.