21. Serendipity

The studio was chaotic, the dancers working hard as if they found a new fire and passion. Hoseok is in the front, monitoring every move of the members and giving them tight scolding, correcting their mistakes, and making everyone work hard for the upcoming art fest.

"Okay, let's take a break for now. We will continue after lunch"

He said as the clock showed one and waved his hands to dismiss the team. Everyone let out their breath, grabbed their things, and stayed a little bit to relax from the heavy dance session. Jimin scrutinized Hoseok's next move, eyeing him to ask what he was going to do but the lead dancer was busy giving directions to Yeonjun.

Once he settled on the bench in the corner of the studio, Jimin took calm deep breaths before taking his phone out of his pocket. He glanced around to see the other team members leaving, bidding bye to him and he waved back to them with his usual bright grin. He was about to look away when his eyes landed on the familiar man, who was looking at his side too.

There was a bearable silence in the studio for a moment. Jimin thought the other would make a move or else he would find a way out of this mess. Because whenever his eyes land on the man, it reminds him of his best friend, crying in sleep, taking the name of the certain someone oblivious to everything.

Oh, speaking of the best friend, Jimin felt everything go back to normal until his phone rang loudly in the studio, breaking the silence and making everyone go back to their respective things.

"Hey, Tae---"

"Jimin, I need you. Now"

He heard his best friend saying and that worry-filled words were the last thing he wanted to hear from Taehyung. He stood up, picked up his things, and stared at the location Taehyung sent him. Just when he was about to walk out of the studio after gesturing to Hobi, he heard someone calling his name, or maybe he knew it was coming.

"Jimin..."

The said male stopped on his track, taking a deep breath as he held the door open to walk out anytime.

"Hi, Jungkook. Do you want something?"

Jungkook stood in front of the elder, trying his best to draw a small smile on his lips. It was the first time they were talking like that. But Jimin knew more about Jungkook than the other knew about him, thanks to his best friend. But he couldn't reciprocate the smile and noticed how Jungkook stood still after hearing his nonchalant reply.

"Umm, no... I just..."

"Listen, Jungkook. If it's not urgent, can we save it for later? Because I'm in a hu--"

"--How is Taehyung?"

~ 🍂 ~

The sunlight came from the shades and created a solid shadow of the window rails on Taehyung's face, his hair tied in a bun, messy strands falling into his eyes as he brushed them softly. The dangling earrings shine under the light as he bit the new lip piercing. His shirt tucked in his blue jeans, hugging his legs so tightly giving justice to his perfect curves. He was humming to a soft melody while standing on the chair and decorating the wall with the art pieces by the students. The exhibition hall looked aesthetic but in the middle of the artworks, Taehyung looked like the most exotic one.

"Oh, babe. even in a room full of arts, you're my only muse"

Jimin voiced out as his eyes landed on Taehyung, working alone in the hall. He walked toward the student council secretary, scanning the works on the wall, and figured out Taehyung was indeed working hard on those.

"Thanks, bub. But now, I need to get myself out of this mess because these paintings make me so overwhelmed and I'm so hungry.

"Oh, my baby is working really hard, huh... come here, lemme give you a hug."