day 1: cuddles

omg whoooa first chapter oooh aaah

the twins are ~2 and a half here!!

enjoy!

-

"Babies are up," Cady says when she hears noise start coming through the baby monitor. "Your turn."

Janis groans quietly and rolls out of bed to go grab the twins from their morning nap. "Good morning, girls! Did you have a good nap?"

"Nap," Layla says with a precious little yawn before reaching out for her mommy. Janis takes her with a chuckle and kisses her chubby cheeks as she carries her over to be changed.

"Did you have good dreams?"

"D'eams," Layla confirms. "Cuddle aaaaaaall day."

"You dreamed we got to cuddle all day?" Janis chuckles. "Actually, I think we can do that. We don't have anywhere to be today. What do you think, Bee? Should we go get Mama and snuggle for the rest of the day?"

"Snuggle Mama," Leo says as Janis swaps her out for her twin and changes her diaper. "Luff Mama."

"Aww," Janis coos. "What about me?"

"Luff Mommy too," Leo nods. Janis smiles and bends down to kiss her nose.

"You'd better," she chuckles. "Okay, one second."

Janis leaves them together in Layla's crib while she goes to wash her hands, then picks them both up along with their favorite blankies and stuffies, and then carries them back to see Cady.

"Hi Mama!" Layla chirps. Cady looks up from her computer and laughs when she sees the little puddle of blankets and messy-haired babies her wife has returned with.

"Hi, princess," she says. "Did you two have a nice nap?"

"Cuddle aaaaaaaaall day," Layla says again as Cady takes her from Janis.

"Huh?" Cady chuckles affectionately.

"That's what she dreamed about, apparently," Janis replies, crawling back into bed with Leo. Leo rolls over and clambers over to cuddle Cady too. "I think we have to, now."

"I think that sounds doable," Cady agrees with a chuckle, kissing Layla's forehead. "What about you, Lolo, what did you dream about?"

"D'eam 'bout Santa."

"You dreamed about Santa?" Cady asks. Leo nods with a smile. "He's coming soon, you only have a few more weeks to wait."

"Mama?"

"Yes, little love?" Cady asks, propping herself up on her side. Layla nuzzles into her chest, while Leo lies on her back in between Layla and Janis.

"Wha's a weeks?"

"A week is seven days," Cady explains.

"Oh." Leo says dejectedly. "Lotta days."

"I know," Cady hums understandingly. "But it's gonna go by so fast, we're gonna have so much fun. We have a lot of fun stuff planned in between to keep you busy. Santa will be here before you know it."

"Hug Santa," Leo sighs.

"Aww," Janis coos. "You get to meet one of his helpers soon, you can hug him. I bet he can pass it on to Santa for you."

Leo considers this method and nods. Layla leans back from Cady a bit to ask, "Get p'esents?"

"If you're on the nice list," Janis says. "What do you think, have you been good this year?"