day 2: first day of snow

day 2 rock and roll!!!!!!!!

the twins are ~6 months old here :)

enjoy!

-----

"Good morning, sweet babies!" Janis greets happily as she goes to get her daughters ready for the day. "Come here, look!"

She picks both babies out of their cribs and carries them over to the big window, opening the curtain so they can see out. The babies blink as the bright sun streams in and their eyes adjust, but they quickly start drumming on the glass with eager little hands.

"It snowed, what do you think? Should we wake up Mama and go play?"

"Mamamama," Layla babbles happily.

"Yeah, okay, come here," Janis chuckles. When she turns around to get the babies changed, Cady is awake, watching them from bed with the fondest, most adoring smile. Janis quickly gets the little ones changed and heads back over.

"Good morning, baby bugs! Come here," Cady coos, reaching for the babies. "Good morning to you too, my love."

"Morning, baby," Janis replies, handing the twins over for some cuddles and leaning in for a kiss. Cady takes the babies and kisses her back eagerly. "Did you see it snowed?"

"Did it?" Cady asks eagerly. Janis grins and nods. "Aww, yay! Your first ever snow, girls!"

"Aaa!" Layla shrieks excitedly. Cady laughs and kisses her forehead.

"I know! So exciting," she giggles. "I love you two so much, I can't take it."

Janis climbs back into her side of the bed and cuddles in with her whole family. Cady smiles and tips her head down for another kiss.

"What should we have for breakfast?" Janis asks.

"Mm... something with fruit. Ooh, could we have those yogurt things again? Those were so good," Cady says, her mouth already watering at the mere memory of the delicious parfaits Janis had scrounged together.

"Sure, Peanut," Janis chuckles.

"Can you take them so I can get up? I'll come hang out with you," Cady says, handing over a baby and trying to wiggle her way out of bed. Janis takes both and carries them downstairs for her. "My big strong love."

"They're babies, Cads, they're only fourteen pounds," Janis says, handing them back as they enter the living room.

"But put together that's almost thirty," Cady says. "Little chunks."

"That's all your doing," Janis replies, pulling the things she needs out of the fridge. Cady kicks over one of the baby seats and pops Layla in, sitting at the counter next to her to watch Janis work. Leo happily starts eating her own breakfast in the meantime. Cady smiles down at her and brushes a finger over her cheek.

"Yeah. I'm not complaining, though. At least they eat now."

"Fair enough," Janis chuckles. "They're certainly healthy."

"That's all we care about," Cady informs the twins. "Of course, it helps that you're the sweetest little munchkins ever. And so beautiful."

Layla gives a happy little squeal, making both her moms laugh.

"Yeah, we're talking about you! Do you wanna try some yogurt?" Janis says. She gets a tiny bit in a spoon and offers it to the baby, who opens her mouth eagerly to taste this new thing. Janis pops the bite in her mouth and pulls back to see how she reacts to it. "What do you think, Ladybug? Yummy?"