day 4: playing in the snow

day four weeeeee yay!!!

alrighty!! the twins are a year old here!!

enjoy!

—————

"Good morning, my little snowflakes!" Janis greets as she heads to wake the twins up for the morning.

"Hi Mommy!" Layla chirps happily. Leo just yawns and smiles at her. Janis chuckles and kisses the top of each little head before she grabs them to get changed.

"Hi munchkin. Did you sleep good?" Layla nods. Janis smiles again and kisses her forehead. "Good. Mwah, there we go! Now Leo Beo." Leo reaches out to be changed, so Janis swaps her out for her sister and gets her situated. "There we go, let's go get Mama."

Janis carries both down the hall to the big bedroom to wake up Cady. She smiles at the happy squeals their babies give when they see her and sets them down on the bed to wake her up.

"Mama!" Leo chirps, settling on Cady's back as if she's riding a pony. Layla lies on her side by Cady's face and presses their noses together. They both frown in confusion when Cady doesn't wake up. Leo bends down and tries to pry one of her eyes open with a little hand. "Mama?"

Cady slyly winks at Janis before she gives a growl. She rolls to pin the twins beneath her, and takes advantage of their surprise to pull their arms up to tickle beneath and blow raspberries on their cheeks. They both scream in surprise, but quickly start laughing and trying to escape.

"No, Mama!" Layla laughs heartily, trying to wriggle out from underneath her. Cady sits up on her knees and snatches her up.

"No?" she teases, kissing over the ticklish part of Layla's neck. "But Mama needs Layla kisses. I need to kiss right here and tickle under these arms."

Leo takes the opportunity to run away, sliding off the bed and running back to Janis for protection. Janis chuckles and picks her up, kissing her cheek as Leo anxiously nibbles on a fingertip.

"Where did my other monkey go?" Cady asks when she realizes that one has escaped. Janis slowly approaches the bed with Leo. Cady gives Layla a chance to breathe and comes over. Leo giggles nervously as Cady gets closer and wags her fingers ominously. She shrieks in surprise as Cady snatches her up and carefully tosses her onto the bed, before following after her and tickling her belly as she kisses all over her face. "Okay, okay. All done."

Leo pants heavily to get her breath back, but both of them are smiling widely. Their chubby cheeks are flushed from their exertion and their hair is somehow more wild than it was a second ago. Cady rolls onto her back and has both of them sit on her belly.

"My precious little ones," she says quietly. She looks to Janis with a smile and reaches an arm out. "Mommy, why are you all the way over there?"

"Wanted to keep out of the cuddle attacks," Janis chuckles, cuddling in next to her family. Leo crawls over to her, so she holds her close while Cady keeps Layla. "What should we do today?"

"'Gain," Leo says.

"What again, Bee?"

Leo lifts her arms above her head to show she wants more tickles. Janis nods and says, "Ah." Leo pouts and does it again. Janis smiles ominously. Anxiously, Leo does it one more time, and this time Janis pokes a finger under a tiny arm. Leo shrieks and quickly puts her arms back down, but she smiles. "No?"

"No," Leo says with a head shake, seeming to realize she doesn't actually want any more. Janis chuckles and kisses her forehead.

"Okay, no more."