day 18: learning rocking around the pole dance

day 18 wow. i have some significant christmas prep to do. oh well.

the twins are five here!

enjoy!!

—————

"Girls, come here!" Cady calls. Her daughters both come running into the living room to find her.

"Hi, Mama!"

"Hi, Leo," Cady chuckles. "You guys wanna do something with me?"

Her five-year-olds both nods eagerly. Cady gets a mischievous grin on her face.

"Good. We're gonna learn a dance," she says.

"A dance?" Layla asks. "Why?"

"To freak Mommy out," Cady says as she brings up the music.

"Oh. Yay!"

"You're definitely our children," Cady chuckles. "Alright, Leo here, you start like this. And then Layla here like this."

They both stand in their respective spots in their starting poses and giggle as Cady shows them the first moves.

"This dance is weird, Mama," Leo says.

"It is. But your mommy came up with it, so take that up with her," Cady chuckles. "We're just doing it for fun."

"Will Mommy like it?" Layla asks.

"Oh, I think so," Cady says with an almost ominous chuckle.

————-

"Hey, love bugs!" Janis greets when she gets home from work and her daughters run to hug her. "What have my three favorite girls been up to?"

"We have a surprise for you," Cady hums, leaning casually against the wall at the other end of the hallway.

"Oh?"

"Come on!" the twins cheer eagerly, tugging Janis by the hand to the living room to show off their new dance.

"Okay, okay, hold on," Janis laughs. She pauses to kick off her boots and hang up her coat before she lets her daughters haul her to the living room and shove her down on the couch. "What's this surprise?"

"Are you ready, girls?" Cady asks. They both nod with a slight giggle, so Cady brings up the music. She watches her wife's eyes go wide when she sees the familiar starting poses and hears the first few notes.

"No, no, no," Janis insists. "Caddy, why would you-"

The twins both stop and frown. Cady freezes too and pauses the music. "What, Jay?"

"You don't like it, Mommy?"

"No! I mean, I... yes, but... why would you- Caddy!"

"Girls, go get ready for dinner. Mommy and I need to talk," Cady says gently, kissing each of their cheeks and gently pushing them down the hall. They both solemnly head up the stairs to their room.

"You taught them the dance?!" Janis seethes, trying not to lash out at her wife.

"I did," Cady says.

"Why would you do that?!"

"You didn't take out the trash. I thought it would be a fun way to mess with you," Cady replies. "I didn't think you'd be this upset by it, I'm sorry."

Janis sits back on the couch and massages the bridge of her nose with two fingers. "I'm sorry. I'm trying not to be angry."

"I can see that. I appreciate it," Cady hums. "Can I sit next to you?"