day 9: playing christmas music

day 9!!! yeeha!!

the twins are 3 here!

enjoy!!!

—————

"Oh, you girls look so nice in your tutus!" Cady coos when she sees her daughters in their full dance getup for the first time ever. Purple velvet leotards and tutus, speckled with silver sequins and complete with fuzzy white trim along their necklines. "Let's go do your hair and makeup, come here."

"Mateup?" Layla asks happily, looking at Cady as she lifts them onto the counter. Janis follows them in to observe.

"Yeah, you get to wear makeup to your recital! Your dance teachers told us what to do so you match all your classmates," Cady explains. Layla gives a happy wiggle.

"I don't like it," Janis pouts, hugging Leo from behind as Cady starts working on Layla's hair. "They're growing too quick."

Leo reaches her little hands in the air to stretch herself out to her full height. "I'm this bigs now, Mommy."

"I see that, beautiful," Janis chuckles. "I wish you'd just stay this big."

"Me too," Cady hums, twisting Layla's wet hair into French braids. "You girls have so much hair already, my goodness. Must have gotten your Mommy's hair growth genes. My beautiful loves."

"Are you girls excited to dance?" Janis asks, chuckling as Leo perks up a bit and nods. "Yeah? Good, Mama and I can't wait to watch."

Cady ties the hair tie on Layla's second braid and switches her out for Leo. "You two are gonna do such a good job, I already know. My tiny dancers."

"Dancin' fun," Leo says. "Getta spin around. And go on my tippy toes lots."

"And you do it so well," Janis hums. "I'm so proud of you two. What about you, Lala, are you excited?"

"Yeah!" Layla cheers. "I like dancin'. Miss Fwost says I jump good."

"Miss Frost loves you two," Cady chuckles. "She's always talking about how polite and helpful you are."

Janis chuckles as her twins both beam. "Alright, Lala, you ready to do your makeup?"

"Yeah!" Layla says again. Janis turns her around and kisses her nose before grabbing a brush and some of Cady's blush.

"Do this," Janis coaches, making a fish face. Layla does her best to, earning herself a loving smile from her mommy as she swipes a bit of the blush over her chubby cheeks. "Good job. Now mascara."

"Mascarea?" Layla asks, tilting her head curiously. Janis bites her lip to stifle a laugh and nods.

"Mmhmm. You've seen me use this a lot, remember?" Janis says. Layla looks at the familiar brush and nods. "Blink a few times." Layla does, squeezing her eyes shut and popping them back open. "Now look up. It's gonna get close to your eye but I'll try really hard not to poke you."

Layla nods trustingly and lets Janis maneuver her little chin to carefully swipe a few coats of mascara over her eyelashes. Janis flaps her hands in front of them a couple times in an attempt to get them dry faster.

"Now what?" Layla asks. Janis pulls out a tube of long-lasting red lipstick. Layla's eyes go wide. "Lipisck?"

"Yeah, you get to wear lipstick today," Janis says, trying to sound more excited than she actually is about it. "Do this." Layla copies her pouty mouth and lets Janis carefully swipe the lipstick over her little lips until they're completely red. Janis turns her around to see the finished look. "What do you think? You look so grown up!" And I don't like it.