day 20: family dinner

day 20!! damn!

the twins are 2 here :)

enjoy!!

—————

"Mama?" Layla asks.

"Yeah, Ladybug?" Cady replies, putting some slightly snazzy earrings in as her babies watch from the bathroom counter.

"Why... um... um... why we get dwessed up?"

"Because we're having people over for dinner tonight," Cady explains. "You remember Mommy and I told you who's coming?"

"Nana!" Leo cheers excitedly.

"Yeah, Nana is coming. Who else?" Cady says happily, helping her daughters down and adjusting the adorable oversized Christmas sweaters they have on over some comfy leggings.

"G'amma?"

"Yeah, Grandma and Grandad are coming too," Cady nods.

"Aunt Juwie?" Layla asks.

"Aunt Julie should be here too, yeah. She should be here with Nana," Cady says.

"Santa!" Layla cheers. Cady laughs and kisses her cheek.

"Santa will be here on Christmas Eve, he's not coming for dinner, Bug."

"Oh." Layla says sadly.

"I know, baby love. But you don't have to wait too much longer. It's already the twentieth, you only have a few more days," Cady comforts.

"How much days?" Leo asks.

"Let's go check, come here," Cady replies, picking them both up and carrying them downstairs to the kitchen. Janis smiles when she sees all her girls together and comes up behind them as Cady carries them over to the calendar. "Bumblebee, which one says twenty?"

"Uh..." Leo hums, anxiously nibbling on her fingertip. "Dis one?"

"Yeah! You're getting so good with those big numbers," Cady cheers. "That's today. Ladybug, Santa comes on the twenty-fifth, can you find that one?"

"Two and fibe?" Layla clarifies. Cady nods, so Layla sets to work trying to find that one. "Here!"

"Yeah! My clever little monkeys," Cady says happily. "How many days are in between?"

Leo taps each day with her finger as they both count them off. "One, two, free, four, fibe."

"Fibe days!" Leo cheers when her finger is next to Layla's on the twenty-fifth. Janis takes her from Cady and kisses all three of them on the cheek.

"You girls got Mama's brains," she says quietly. "Thank goodness."

"Mommy, Santa comin' on... fibe days," Layla says happily.

"I know he is, he's gonna bring you so many presents," Janis replies. "But who's coming today?"

"Uh... everybody," Leo says. Janis and Cady both laugh.

"Just about everybody, yeah," Cady chuckles. "They should be here soon, you girls wanna help finish getting everything ready?"

"Yeah!"

"Alright, go on then," Cady hums, setting Layla down. Janis follows suit with Leo and grins as they both run off to the kitchen with their pigtails bouncing behind them. "They're so cute."

"That they are," Janis agrees. She pulls Cady close for a quick kiss before she heads after the twins to make sure they don't totally destroy everything they have set up so far.