day 15: date night

day 15!! holy shit where have the days gone?

the twins are one here!

please enjoy :)

—————-

"Where goin'?" Layla asks as Janis and Cady get her and her twin all bundled up for an evening out.

"We're going to the zoo," Cady replies as she pushes some cozy boots onto Layla's little feet. "They have it all decorated with lights, and we get to see a bunch of animals."

"Oh!" Layla says happily, smiling at Janis as she pops a little beanie over her dark hair. She likes animals. Her twin looks a bit more apprehensive.

"Eat me?" Leo asks.

"No, baby," Cady chuckles, pulling her onto her lap to get her own little boots on. "They won't eat you, I promise. They can't even touch you, there's a fence in the way. Mama won't let them eat my babies."

"Oh. Okay."

"There we go," Janis smiles once they're about half bundled. The babies don't fit in their car seats with their cold outfits on, so they have to wait until they get there to dress them for the weather. They still look adorable in their matching holiday sweaters, hats, and boots. "You're all ready, should we go bye-bye?"

"Go zoo?" Layla asks, pushing her hat off her forehead to see.

"Yeah, let's go to the zoo, come on," Cady chuckles. Janis picks up Layla while she gets Leo, and then they're out the door.

—-

"What do you think, girls?" Cady asks excitedly once they're through the gates. Her babies look around at the new environment with wide, curious eyes, taking in all the bright lights and colors and sounds and smells. She can almost see their minds being blown.

Layla gives an overjoyed squeal from Janis' arms as she sees all the rainbow colored lights everywhere. "Wow!"

"I know, right?" Janis laughs. Leo's still a bit nervous, seeming much more overwhelmed by everything. Cady kisses her forehead to get her attention.

"What animal should we go see, Leo Beo?" she asks quietly, pushing Leo's little grey hood up slightly and adjusting her grip on the baby marshmallow she's holding.

Leo looks back at her, calming slightly as her focus narrows on her mama. "Georgie."

Cady laughs. "Okay, we can see the giraffes. They're this way, come on."

She carefully holds Leo in her left arm and her wife's hand with her right. Janis adjusts her grip on Layla and follows after them to the Africa exhibits. Leo rests her head on Cady's shoulder as they walk, nearly lulled to sleep by the swinging rhythm of their gait.

"Look, pumpkin, what do you see?" Cady asks, bouncing her slightly to get her to look back up. Leo looks where she's pointing and smiles.

"Whoa!" she says in wonder. "Gi'affe."

"Yeah, you're so smart! Aren't they pretty?" Cady says. She hears Layla give an excited shriek as the tall creatures come into her view. "You excited, Lala?"

"Big!" Layla says eagerly. Cady laughs and nods. Janis hands her over so her wife can explain all the facts she learned in Africa to their daughters.

"They are big," Cady agrees. "They have to be tall so they can eat leaves off of trees, that's their food."

"Yucky," Leo says in disgust. She's not big on vegetables.

"Yeah, that's not for people," Cady agrees with a chuckle. "But they think it's yummy. Look how big their tongues are, do you see? They're soooo long so they can wrap them around the branches to pull off all the leaves." She laughs as Layla pokes out her own tongue to compare. "Their tongues are actually only a little shorter than you two."