day 12: christmas shopping

yeeha day 12!! hope it's a great day!!

the twins are 2 here!

enjoy!

—————

"Alright, snowflakes, you ready?" Cady asks, turning around in her spot to see her daughters in the backseat.

"Yeah!"

"Okay!" Cady says. "Let's go, come on."

Janis unbuckles and takes Leo while Cady grabs Layla, and they head into the store together.

"Okay, here we go," Janis says. Leo lets herself be popped into the little seat of the cart. "Bee, you wanna hang out with me for a while or go with Mama?"

"Mommy," Leo replies, kicking her legs contently.

"Haha, yeah," Janis replies, bending down to kiss her chubby cheeks. "I get Leo!"

"Then I get Layla," Cady says happily. "We'll meet back here and then switch?"

"Yep," Janis nods. She kisses Layla and Cady goodbye as Cady gets Layla in a cart of their own. "Bye, Bug, have fun with Mama."

"Bye-bye Mommy!" Layla waves. Janis grins and starts pushing Leo towards the toy aisle.

"Okay, Bumblebee, what should we get sissy for Christmas?" she hums. "What do you think Lala wants?"

"Uh..." Leo says, tapping her chin with a thoughtful little finger and looking around at all the toys. "Down, p'ease?"

Janis lifts her out of the cart and sets her on the ground. Leo toddles up and down the aisle, considering everything carefully. Janis lets her take her time and smiles when she hears her let out thoughtful little hums.

"Lala want dis," Leo says eventually, pointing to the shelf. Janis heads over to see she's pointing to a Frozen themed gift set. It's a bit pricey, but Layla does love Frozen. The kit has just about everything she could want. An Elsa dress, dolls, books, even a stuffed Olaf.

"Oh, yeah," Janis says. "She'll love that. Good job, Bumblebee!"

Leo insists on putting it in the cart by herself, even though the present is about as big as she is and weighs only slightly less. Janis secretly gives it a little nudge in to help her out.

"Okay, now we need to go shop for Mama and your aunties and uncles," Janis says, putting Leo back in her seat. "What does Mama want?"

"Uh..." Leo hums, looking at the things passing by as they move away from the toy section. "Dat."

Janis stops and turns to look at what she's pointing to. "Baby, that's a lightbulb."

"Yeah."

"You wanna get Mama a lightbulb?"

"Yeah."

"Um... okay," Janis says. She grabs the right wattage of bulbs and adds the pack to their cart. "What about Uncle D, what should we get him?"

"Candy," Leo says, pointing to another box. Janis looks again and sees her pointing to some tampons.

"That's not... you know what, okay. He'll love it," Janis says, trying to hold back a laugh. "Okay, come on, let's go pick stuff for your aunties."

—-

"Okay, little love, what should we get for sissy?" Cady hums, pushing Layla through the aisles.

"Dat," Layla says, pointing to an absolutely massive dollhouse.

"Really? That seems more like something you want," Cady chuckles. Layla nods.