day 10: christmas party

day 10!! double digits!!! yeeha.

the twins are six months old in this one!

enjoy!!

—————-

"Whatcha doing, Ladybug?" Cady chuckles when she comes downstairs holding Leo and finds Layla sitting in front of the screen door, looking out at the snow-covered world.

"Dedede," Layla babbles, drumming on the glass with a tiny hand.

"Aww, you miss Uncle Damian?" Cady coos. "Should we see if he can come play?"

Layla looks up at her and nods. Cady smiles back.

"Okay, hold on," she says. Leo gets set in her exersaucer for containment and then Cady heads back to Layla. "Should we make a video for Uncle Damian? Actually... should we see if everyone can come over? We should have a party!"

"Papapapaeeee," Layla babbles. Cady takes that as agreement.

"Yeah, okay," she chuckles, pulling out her phone and flipping to the camera to record her baby. "Bug, who are you looking for?"

"Dededede," Layla replies, pointing to the door. Cady sits down next to her and pulls her onto her lap.

"You're looking for Uncle Damian? Come here. Say 'come play with me, Uncle D!'"

"Dede!" Layla replies, giving a precious wide smile. She grabs Cady's phone and pulls it to her mouth to taste. Cady laughs and wrestles it back.

"No, don't eat it," she chuckles. "Goofy. Can you blow kisses?"

"M'ah!" Layla says, blowing a rather aggressive kiss to the camera. Cady smiles and ends the video to get it sent to Damian.

"That's a sweet girl," she says, picking her baby up and carrying her down the hall to find Leo. "Okay, let's see who can come over and play with you."

Layla gets plopped into her own little storage device next to her sister while Cady tries to get in touch with all her friends.

littleslice: Sent a video: One of your littlest slices wants you to come play 🥺🥺

littleslice: She's been there all day looking for you

bigslice: Omg she's so cute I can't

bigslice: Do you actually want me to come over??

littleslice: Yeah, of course!! I'm actually thinking of inviting the plastics too, have a little dinner party??? Either way the smalls would love to see you

bigslice: And I get food? Sold, tell that sweet baby I'm coming

littleslice: Haha, I will! See you soon 🥰

"Lala!" Cady says, going to pick her baby back up. "Your sweet little face worked, Uncle Damian is coming over!" Layla shrieks excitedly and wiggles to be put down. "Okay, okay. Leo, come here, you wanna watch for Uncle Damian with sissy?"

Leo crows happily when Cady picks her up as well. Cady kisses every chubby cheek she can reach and sits them both by the front door to look out. She pauses for a moment to just watch them watch, looking lovingly at the back of two little heads. They both look so peaceful, just staring out the window happily watching the world go by.

Cady smiles contently and heads to find her wife. The babies can't crawl yet, so they're effectively stuck in place for the time being, and there's nothing nearby they can get into.