day 25: christmas!!

THE FINAL DAAAAYYYYYYY WOO!

the twins are seven months old in this one :D

tw for
mentioned pregnancy
mentioned miscarriage
mentioned postpartum depression/anxiety

enjoy!!

—————

"Good morning, my little snowflakes! Merry first Christmas!" Cady coos quietly as she goes to greet her babies for the morning. They both look at her in surprise, since Janis usually gets them up. Cady decided to today to give her wife a break for the holiday. Leo crows happily and reaches for her with a smile, excited to see her mama. "Yeah, hi munchkin! Did you have good dreams?"

She unzips her swaddle suit and pulls the baby out, carrying her over to the table to change her diaper. Layla starts to cry as she goes, thinking she's been left behind. Once Leo is in a clean diaper, Cady quickly re-zips her pajamas and carries her back to her crib.

"Ladybug, what happened? Did you think Mama left you here all alone?" Cady asks sadly as she comes to unzip and change her. "I would not do that, come here. Mama's got you, you're okay."

Layla quiets when she realizes that her mama is still there, but fusses through her whole diaper change. She's never liked them, which makes an exciting challenge for her moms.

"My goodness, Layla, why are you so mad? It's Christmas, you should be happy today," Cady pouts. "My sweet girls, should we get Mommy up?"

Leo crows excitedly and gives a happy wiggle. Layla visibly brightens and stops her whining.

"Yeah, you love Mommy, huh?" Cady chuckles. "Okay, come here."

She carries both twins back to the big bed to wake up her wife. Janis has moved to the middle of the bed and is lying on her stomach. Cady carefully rests Layla on her back. Janis' eyes fly open and she scambles to grab her when Layla coos happily in her ear.

She calms down once she sees Cady and Leo, rolling over and holding Layla in a sit on top of her. She smiles as she sees the babies in the special reindeer onesies she bought last year, complete with adorable antlers on the hood. "Good morning, pretty baby. Merry Christmas! Are you excited to see what Santa brought you?"

"Are we doing Santa already?" Cady chuckles. Leo pouts and lets out a whimper. "Aww, Bee, what happened?"

"Mee," Leo whimpers again, reaching for Janis. "Mee."

"Aww," Cady coos again. "You just want your mommy, poor baby. Is sissy hogging your cuddles?"

"She got the M in there," Janis says happily. "Come here, sweet baby, come here. I love you too, I love you so much."

"Who is that, Bumblebee?" Cady asks, pointing to Janis. "Who's this?"

"Mee," Leo says happily, cuddling into Janis' shoulder. "Mamamamameee."

"Yeah, that's close!" Janis says happily. "Mommy."

"Mamamamee."

"I'll take it," Janis chuckles. "And who's this?"

"Mamamama," Leo chirps.

"Mama," Cady says. "Just two. Maaaama."

"Maaaamamama."

"Close enough," Cady sighs. "Who's this?"

"Lalalala," Leo babbles.

"Yeah, that's Lala," Janis nods. She tickles Leo's belly. "And who's this?"