4.4

The door opened and I looked up in hope that it was that girl that I pushed away a million times. "Hey kid" my older brother said entering the room and taking a seat on the chair next to my bed. After a while of awkward silence I finally swallowed the lump in my throat and spoke. "Was i that horrible man? Was I that bad that she won't look for me?" I asked and he sighed lightly. "You did so many things to that poor girl Az, you promised her so many things and hurt her and it's understandable why she doesn't want to come around" he answered honestly.

"Can you at least tell me if she's okay?" I asked and he thought about it for a minute before nodding. "I don't know much but I know she's okay. Still working in that little bookstore, ally and I see her all the time" he said and I smiled gently. "I also know that her dad is back in town" he added and my heart dropped because before I could ever hurt her, he hurt her and I could never fix that hurt even if I tried. "I thought he was gone for good after the divorce" I said and he shrugged. "Maybe it's time for you to move on from her, it'll make it easier before you get out" he said and that made me upset but deep down I know he was right. She deserves better and I can't turn her world upside down again because at the end of the day we were just two kids in love who were way too ahead of their time.

  "Are you still angry she brought you here?" He asked sitting back in his chair. "No, after i got sober enough I wasn't mad anymore because she brought me for a reason. She found me on a bathroom floor and then she brought me here because she couldn't keep saving me from myself" I rambled and he just stared at me.