CHAPERON

JENNIE

I look at myself in the mirror and cupped my cheeks before smiling. I'm trying to be cute so my Lili will love me more.

How can she resist this adorable being anyway? I'm a goddess.

I wink at myself before checking my attire. I'm kinda nervous because I'm going to ask Lisa another favor, hehe.

Earlier at school, Irene asked me if I wanted to go out with her tonight. She said she has a date and she wants me to come with her.

She said she told her mommy that she's going out with a friend and that friend is none other than me.

I told her why chose me if she could just show her date. She then said that they're not yet legal and she's waiting for the right time to tell her parents about this person.

I didn't know she has a boyfriend. I haven't seen her hanging out with a boy at our school.
I shrugged my shoulders and fix my hair.

Lisa is not here yet since she went out to buy me snacks. We just had our dinner and I'm still full.

Her buying the snacks is just my alibi so I could prepare and change my clothes.

I still have to practice my speech because I know she definitely will say no but I have to beg her to let me go out.

I enjoyed last night's date with my friends and I want to do it again.

V actually asked me earlier at school if I want to go out with him again. I said yes of course. But what he said next made me doubt so I said no.

"Did you enjoy last night, Jen?" He asked me as he leaned on the locker beside mine.

"Yup! It was fun" I replied truthfully.

"I'm glad you enjoyed. How's our baby by the way?"

"Baby? What baby?"

"Uhm you know, the stuff toy" he asked shyly and I noticed his ear becomes red.

"Oh that. He's good. He's well-behaved"

Lili threw the toy in the trashcan. She said she doesn't like it and it was given to me by V so she threw it away. I was about to cry but she promised me she'll get me a bigger one and a toy that's from her.

"Well I'm glad he's not causing any trouble. Uhmm Jen, I was actually wondering if you'd like to.... uhm"

"What? Like what?"

"You'd like to go out with me again?" I saw him fidgeting with his fingers.

"Or course! I can ask the girls if they're free then I'll tell you" I said smiling and grab my book.

"No I mean, it was great hanging out with the girls but I was wondering if uhm you'd like to go out with me? Just us two"

"Huh?"

"I wanna take you out on a date, Jennie" he said seriously.

I suddenly remembered what my Lili told me
No, I can't go out with him.

I'm already taken.

"Sorry V but I can't"

"What? Why?"

"Uhmm I just can't. I'm busy"

His face fell down but he still managed to force a smile.

"I see. It's okay. I'll try again next time. Can I carry your book?"

I'm glad he didn't force me. He seems okay with it anyway.