Chapter 2

I was angry with myself the morning after. I had forgotten to take a shower last night. But then I forgave myself when realizing I had three hours left before I had to go to work, which was at the bakery, of course.

After a shower and teeth brushing, I stood tiredly in front of the body length mirror propped up against the wall in my bedroom and silently judged the uniform I had on. My dad had designed it when he was twenty-eight, and probably had no idea how to style anything.

It was just a simple light blue short-sleeved dress with thin white strips going across it from the neck down. The dress did make my long dark hair stand out, though.

I only had a few more minutes before I had to rush downstairs to flip the 'closed' sign to 'open' which wasn't difficult at all.

I huffed out a loud breath and grabbed my coat off of my desk chair, slipping into it. I left my room, shutting the door behind me.

Walking down the hallway towards the stairs, I seen my father staring at himself in the bathroom mirror. He glanced up at me as I walked by the door and then down the stairs so I could grab breakfast before work.

"Marinette?" My dad called out after me as I made way down the stairs.

"Yes?" I asked once I reached our personal kitchen, noticing he was following close behind me.

"What are you doing?" He answered with another question as he began scavenging throughout our pantry.

"Grabbing breakfast before work?" I said, clearly confused. Dad swung the pantry door shut, a box of cookies in his hand, a confused look on his face. 

"Marinette, you are off this weekend." He said, his dark eyebrows raising in surprise.

"Oh," I said quickly, "I knew that."

"Marinette are you alright? You are always on top of your work schedule." Dad worried.

"Yes, I guess sleeping too much can mess with your head." I said, sounding confident about my response.

Dad shrugged and stuffed a cookie in his mouth.

"I guess i'll just go for a walk or grab some lunch later." I told him before he could respond. He frowned and stuffed two more cookies into his mouth and thought as he chewed.

"Well, invite Alya." He demanded in a suggesting tone. I didn't really want to talk to Alya at the moment, but I didn't tell him that.

"Alya and her boyfriend are bowling," I lied. "I wouldn't want to third wheel."

Too right that one was. Alya always felt bad when she would hang out with Nino too much, so she'd invite me on their dates and it just got way too awkward.

"Well, I don't want you staying out too late, but I do want you to have fun. This is one of your last weekends off for a while." Dad said, biting into another cookie. 

"Don't worry about me, Papa. I can handle myself." I assured him and snagged a cookie before he could tell me no.

Dad gave a wide smile, "Well, I guess I love you." he teased. I rolled my eyes and gave him a sad look, which made him laugh.

"I love you." I replied and hurried to run back up the living room stairs so I could change out of this cute yet embarrassing dress.

After changing into a baby blue hoodie and jeans, I walked down the stairs and out of the bakery doors before I could be interrupted. I had the day planned out in my mind already and it started to excite me.

I had decided to head toward the park where filming for one of Adrien's ads was being held today. I know that sounds creepy, but a whole ton of girls used to come by when he was modeling and group around the fence to watch, not only me, of course.