Chapter 4

"Hey, you need to leave." I shot my head up after being startled by the deep voice who had just spoken to me.

After my "date" with Colt I had decided to study notes on my phone until about two in the afternoon, which was the time Adrien was scheduled to go fencing today.

The time was currently half past three and it shocked me. I must've lost track of time. I looked up to see who had just told me to leave my seat on the park bench. By my surprise, Adrien Agreste was the one who was standing in front me.

He look strongly annoyed, with a frown on his face that looked almost permanent. "W-Why do I have to leave?" I stuttered out of embarrassment.

Adrien stared.

"I must've got studies in my lost. I mean, lost in my studies!" I babbled, completely losing my mind as the blonde stood in front of me, still annoyed.

"I really don't care," He snapped, "You've got to go." he repeated. I was slightly taken aback by the sharp, annoyed tone he used.

It shouldn't have felt as if I had just gotten punched in the face or something with the way he was talking to me. And I mean, I couldn't help the fact that I was staring up at him with an awed expression on my face.

"What are you doing here?" I blurted out before I could stop myself.

I mentally slapped a hand to my forehead. I knew he would be here. That's why I was here, overall.

"What am I doing here?" He repeated in a sarcastic voice while holding a hand at his chest. "I happen to have a modeling gig here and the park needs to be cleared."

"I thought that was this morning?" I blurted in a high pitched voice and immediately slapped a hand onto my mouth. "I'm guessing." I added quietly.

"Sure." He replied in a bored voice.

I shook my head and quickly scrambled my way to my feet, "I'm so sorry for wasting your time and I hope you have a good—"

"God, Marinette, would you shut up?" Adrien snapped, cutting me off. I immediately stopped in my tracks and turned to stare at Adrien in shock, trying to keep my mouth from falling open in surprise.

"You know who I am?" I couldn't help but ask, I really had convinced myself that he didn't have no clue who I was.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng, the daughter of that baker." Adrien stated as he helped lift photography equipment. "We had history together."

Okay, that was a little unusual.

"You remember that?" I said aloud, yet in a quiet voice.

"How could I forget, it was just a year ago?" He said, like it should've been plainly obvious. "You blushed anytime I looked at you."

"Because you are beaut—" I said without thinking."The sky is... uh, beautiful."

Adrien looked above himself at the large gray rain clouds settled in over our heads and then quickly back down, "Are we looking at the same sky?" He asked in a flat voice, raising an eyebrow.

"This—" I said motioning above my head. "is my favorite type of sky... out of all of the skies." I said quite embarrassed and crossed my arms over my chest.