Chapter 23

Adrien placed a finger under my chin and tilted my face up towards his so he could press his lips against mine. Never mind the fact that we were currently standing on the curb outside school and there were tons of people walking around us. I sure didn't mind. 

"You know, if you say good morning like that every day, I won't mind." I said dazedly when he leaned back. 

"I'll make a note of it," Adrien said, smirking. "Have a good day, Marinette."

I gave an exaggerated eye roll. "Have a good day, Adrien."

Adrien gave a laugh, leaning down to kiss me again, then turned and strode off through the front doors. 

"So, he must be a good kisser, 'cause otherwise you wouldn't be blushing like that." 

I glanced over my shoulder and gave Alya a wary look as I walked inside of school. She had a huge smirk on her face and looked all self knowing, walking along beside me.  

I shrugged, clearing my throat. "He's alright." 

"Oh, please," Alya snorted. "He looks like he has amazing lips." 

I stared at Alya in amazement. "I thought you didn't like him." 

Alya gave me a look akin to staring at some leech. "Ah, that would be a no. I think he's weird, not unattractive. On the contrary, he's quite attractive." 

"Yeah, well..." I trailed off, looking away from her. "He is." 

Thankfully the homeroom bell rang right that second, preventing any other awkward conversation that had been about to happen.  

I bid Alya goodbye and walked off toward my homeroom class. I waltzed into homeroom with my head in the clouds, remembering the feeling of Adrien's lips against mine.  

Yeah, he really was an amazing kisser. 

I barely listened to the school announcements. I was too lost in my own thoughts.  

I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, if things went well between Adrien and I until this Friday, then everything was going to turn out just dandy.

From what I could tell, relationships were always a bit rocky in the beginning, weren't they? And Adrien and I weren't really what you could call a normal couple or whatever.

There was a good chance we weren't going to make it, I knew that much. But I wanted to be with him so badly I was willing to take that chance anyway. 

Wasn't he? 

After homeroom, I floated my way along the hallways, ignoring the weird looks I was getting from the people at their lockers. I mean, I didn't even mind that I was going to chemistry— the next worst class besides physics. 

But all that flew out of the back of my mind when a man walked through the class room door, brief case in hand, looking very pleased to be here. "Hello, class. I am Mr... Monroe. I shall be your substitute today." 

It was Snakes. 

Silence in the chemistry lab fell immediately and the entire class stared at the guy who called himself Mr. Monroe. He waltzed into the room like he owned the place, dropping his brief case onto the desk, and reached around to grab a piece of chalk off the chalkboard.

He scrawled the name Mr. Monroe on the board in an elegant script, dropped the chalk, dusted off his hands, and turned to the rest of us with an eerily wide smile.  

There was no mistaking this man for anything. 
I could clearly see his white hair, the southern accent like Colt's, his scuffed up boots.  

This was most certainly Snakes.