Chapter 19

After discovering that I actually did want to go to my aunts this year, I made for the stairs, having to pack last minute.

"Wait!" I stopped in my tracks and turned at the sound of Mom's frantic voice. She had also stopped Adrien and Charlene from leaving too.

"Actually, we aren't leaving until next weekend, so Adrien should be ready to leave by next Saturday." Mom said sweetly.

Oh?

"I'm sorry," Charlene began. "Marinette kind of gave off the impression that you guys were leaving this weekend."

I stepped off of the bottom step of the stairs and looked over toward Mom, "Yeah, I did, because I thought that it was this weekend?"

Mom shook her head and frowned, "No, sorry hun."

Isn't that fantastic. Adrien would have to stay with Gabriel for at least another week or so. But just like she read my mind, Charlene objected.

"Well, I wasn't planning on going, but my brother and I were invited to stay in London this weekend, maybe Marinette and Adrien could tag along."

I quietly gasped and I turned to stare at Dad who was still sitting on the couch. He just shrugged and held up his hands in a it's-your-choice-to-go-if-you-want gesture. 

It looked like I was going to London for the weekend.

I threw open my closet door, grabbed my old swim bag and promptly threw jeans, shirts, underwear, bras, and everything else I'd need on this short, unexpected trip.

I tried to be as quick as possible, since Adrien and Charlene were waiting for me in the living room, but I didn't want to move so fast that I'd forget something. How embarrassing would it be to ask Charlene or Eve for something I'd forgotten?  

I tossed a tooth brush, hairbrush, deodorant, and my favorite shampoo and lotion in my bag before doing a quick sweep over the room, grabbed my cellphone charger, and that was it. Hopefully I was ready to go.   

I returned to the living room, clutching my bag to my chest, a little worried at what I'd see. Thankfully, everyone seemed to be at ease. Charlene and Mom were still chatting amiably with each other. Adrien was leaning up against the wall with his arms crossed and he didn't look nearly as ticked off as he did a few minutes ago.  

"Ready?" Charlene asked, giving me a smile when she noticed me.

I grinned as best I could. "Yes ma'am!"  

Charlene stood and joined Adrien by the door while I turned to Dad and Mom to say goodbyes.

"Thanks, for letting me go," I said, rocking back on my heels. 

Dad nodded with a slight smile. "Stay out of trouble, Marinette. Don't cause too much ruckus."

I rolled my eyes, Adrien snickered, and Charlene gave a cough. 

"Thanks, Dad," I repeated dryly. "I'll see y'all later." 

Dad tipped two fingers as his goodbye and Mom blew me a kiss. "I'll see you Sunday."   

And that was it for Marinette's goodbye to her parents.   

The three of us left the apartment and walked down to the bakery and this time, the air was much more relaxed between us all.  

"I'm so glad you're coming, I probably never would've went if it weren't for you." Charlene told me conversationally as we stepped outside. "Cristy and Cadence will be relieved to have another girl their age around."