Chapter 20

"Uh uh. What do we have here?"  

I cracked open an eye, barely even conscious, and saw Félix's very amused, very smug face inches away from mine.

"What?" I said, trying to blink the sleep from my eyes. 

"I think the "what" Is more reserved for me," Félix said, widening his eyes. "What happened between you two last night?" 

Oh. 

That was when I noticed that Adrien's arm was draped over my waist and I was snuggled up into his side, my head resting on his other arm. I was much more relaxed than I thought I would be, actually cuddling with someone, and I didn't really care that Félix was acting like a creeper.  

"Go away, Félix ." Adrien mumbled, his voice muffled by the pillows we were sharing.

"Okay, okay!" Félix said quickly, holding up his hands in defeat. "I just wanted to make sure that you two were safe with it... you know, protective."   

Before I even had the chance to let Félix's words sink in, Adrien leapt off the couch in a spectacular display and tackled Félix to the ground. At first I thought their fighting was actually genuine, but when I heard Félix cackling with laughter, it was clearly all play.  

I sat up, brushing my hair out of my face and I wasn't so sure if I was supposed to find this entire thing humorous or embarrassing. 

Cristy and Cadence appeared in the basement living room a few seconds later and watched the two boys duking it out on the floor with baffled looks.  

"Uh, care to explain?" Cadence asked, pointing a finger at the boys as she looked over at me. 

I shrugged, throwing my hands in the air. "The Lord only knows."  

I got up from the couch and dragged myself into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth, then up the stairs, ignoring Félix and Adrien. My stomach was grumbling and breakfast sounded pretty fantastic right about now.

Charlene, Eve, Amelie, and Bella were seated at the dining room table when I made it up the stairs. All the younger kids were sprawled out on the floor in the living room, piled underneath mountains of blankets, and it didn't look like any of them were awake.   

"Morning, Marinette," All of the women greeted me as I took a seat beside Eve.

"Hi," I yawned, waving a hand. 

"You look like you had a good night's rest," Charlene said, sipping at her coffee.

"Oh, the greatest," I mumbled, resisting the urge to roll my eyes.  

The women around the table all laughed. Except for Amelie. But I highly doubted the woman laughed very much as it was.  

"What's going on down there?" Bella asked, pointing a finger towards the stairs.

"The boys are fighting," I said with a sigh.  

They all exchanged looks, their lips pursed. It was a look that clearly said "we love our boys, but they're idiots sometimes".

I bit my lip to keep from giggling.  

"We should get breakfast started." Charlene said. It wasn't a statement. It was clearly an order.  

"You're probably right," Bella agreed with a sigh, taking a sip of her coffee. "But don't wake the others."  

"Definitely," Eve, Bella, and Charlene agreed in unison.   

I decided not to ask why they came to this agreement and instead reached forward for one of the sugar rolls sitting on the table.  

"Aunt Amelie!"