Chapter 5

I woke up Monday morning feeling as if I should be true to my lie, like I should actually appreciate the dark skies that I had said were beautiful.

I probably felt this way because it was raining outside, water droplets pounding against the top of the bakery, when I cracked open my eyes.

I had slept in late, which really didn't matter, being that my first three classes were online today. But I still had to go to school later on in the day which ultimately ruined my mood.

After pathetically dragging myself down the hallway, I threw open cupboards in the kitchen, trying to find some breakfast.

I settled on a small bowl of cereal and a quick glass of orange juice, both of which I finished in no time. I sprinted back to my room after finding an outfit in the laundry room, heading toward the shower.

I stormed my way out of the bathroom about fourteen minutes later and threw on a pair of jeans, a light pink hoodie, and grabbed my waist bag.

The conversation that Adrien and I had Saturday was still emblazoned firmly in my mind, as well as everything Colt had told me as I walked down the level of stairs in my house.

One could only hope that today was going to go perfectly fine with nothing at all to throw me off track on my mission.

I stormed out of the bakery, quickly grabbing a fresh cookie off of an unwatched pan, and then took off running.

It was Monday once again and I was absolutely disappointed in myself because I had decided that I wouldn't do anything fun on my weekend off and that I would sit in bed all day and jot down an actual plan for my whole situation with Adrien.

By the time I had reached the school, everyone who had online classes this morning were piled outside, waiting for the doors to open.

I blinked myself back to reality and realized that Alya was standing before me, "Where were you? You weren't up all night crying because of that idiot Codger were you?"

I actually let out a real, unexpected laugh, "Codger, Alya? Really?" I said while crossing my arms over my chest.

Alya frowned, "Well, losers who cheat on my best friend don't deserve to be called by their hideous names."

I laughed again and pulled a bag of macaroons out of my waist bag, "I wasn't on an actual date with Colt Breyer, Alya, he didn't cheat on me." I assured her while placing the bag into her hands.

"I think you're lying ," Alya said, pointing a manicured finger at me. "You totally liked him. I seen the way you were looking at him."

In disgust?

She began to babble more but I patted her on the shoulder causing her to stop, "One, ew. I don't like cowboys," I began. "and two, don't be mad, but, when I left the bowling alley I went to the park to study and accidentally lost track of time, then Adrien kicked me out because he had to model, then we talked for a bit before I finally managed to get home and now I think I like him even more now, but I never liked Colt Breyer in the first place." I explained in a rush, hoping that she wouldn't take in all of what I'd just said.

"Great, so you build up the courage to talk to Adrien now that he is a huge jerk?" She asked in a snap, I narrowed my eyes at her, and stopped an incoming eye roll.

"You don't even know him like you guys think you do. He's not a bad guy."

Okay, so maybe I was lying just the slightest bit when I said that, because it was plainly clear to me that Adrien was a jerk.

It was going to be a tough job convincing myself that maybe something much bigger had happened to Adrien recently that made him develop into the way he was.