Chapter 10

The next morning I felt horrible. Actually horrible and the feeling was not something that I could say was a feeling of connection to Adrien.

I slammed my cup of iced coffee onto the kitchen counter and sighed a disgusted sigh and threw myself onto one of our barstools. I didn't often cry that much, because it makes me feel like a weakling, but at the moment, I thought I had a justified reason. So, I just plopped my face into my hands and sobbed and sobbed my heart out.   

My eyes were red and puffy by the time I finally managed to stop crying. I could have been crying for hours and I most certainly wouldn't have cared. I mean, it was only a Monday and it was Christmas break, so I was probably going to spend the rest of the day inside, maybe napping on the couch.

And when I was dozing off a little while later, trying not to think of anything, I heard distant chatter coming from downstairs, aka the bakery, which was odd because we were closed until this afternoon.   

I cracked open an eye and groaned as I threw myself up and off of the couch. I hoped that dad didn't bring one of his friends over because I was still in my tank top and fluffy pants that just so happened to have Buddy The Elf on them. I would so feel awkward.

I really did wish I could've napped before my parents had gotten back but I guess you could say that was wishful thinking at this point. I was more than stressed out about everything and I wasn't so sure if I'd be able to handle the rest of this break without going insane.   

I was in the process of walking to see who was here when I noticed something. It was my sophomore yearbook. I turned back from the stairs and all but sprinted to the bookcase, dropping to my knees as I pulled the thin book out from between two Twilight novels. I flicked open the yearbook and skimmed through the pages until I hit the section that held all of the sophomore students.   

My homeroom teacher had been Mrs. Reid, a pretty strange lady with orangish, red hair. But when remembering that Adrien and I didn't have the same homeroom teacher, I flicked over to the next page to Ms. Vinson's class, skimmed through the pictures of students and almost let out a shout of joy when I saw the picture that was clearly of Adrien.   

His fifth-teen year old self actually looked kind of happy at his first year of high school, since he was smiling and he looked very similiar to how he looked now, just a tiny bit younger. Oh, to remember how nice Adrien used to be.   

This was more overwhelming than I thought it would be at first. I sighed as I tucked the yearbook back into the bookcase and stood up, brushing back my hair. I could only imagine how interesting it was going to be when I saw Adrien again. He wasn't scheduled to work at the bakery until this afternoon, but it wasn't as if I could just go up to him and demand that he tell me more about his life.

I immaturely stomped my way down the stairs and into the bakery kitchen. I was tired, disgruntled, and I wanted to stop messing around with Adrien. I was well aware of the fact that he wasn't going to budge so easily, but that didn't mean I had to be exactly pleased about it, did I?  

Colt Breyer was certainly asking a lot from me, there was no doubt about that one. I was really beginning to not like the guy.    

When I arrived downstairs I almost screamed at the top of my lungs when I seen Adrien and my father mixing brownie mix. My first thought was to run straight back up the stairs and jump out of my window but that was a little too violent.

"You're five minutes early. What's up with that?" My dad said when he turned and noticed that I was standing in the kitchen, clearly shocked.

I raised an eyebrow at him and pulled out my phone and read the time, which so happened to be five minutes before opening. I gave dad a withering look as I made my way across the kitchen and started pulling out baking pans.