Chapter 3

I hadn't officially thought this plan through, probably because I just thought of it. I thought I could just have Nino come bowl with me, but I ultimately had no idea how I would get him to come bowling with me without Alya, that would be suspicious.

Double date???

I texted Alya without thinking, "Shoot." I mumbled underneath my breath. I didn't have a date and there was nobody willing to pretend i'd bet.

Unless?

"Unless, what?" I heard that same familiar southern accent that I had just been talking to less than eight minutes ago.

I turned on my heel and glared at the guy who had just spoken to me, "So, you know my name and my thoughts?" I said while crossing my arms.

He shrugged and began chewing on the ice that drank from his empty cup, "I'm just cool like that." he said over a mouthful of chewed ice.

I was so scared. I didn't know whether to ask him to pretend to be my date or run off screaming in the other direction. I had to find out what or if this guy truly new about Adrien. I didn't want to stay with this man any longer but I had to know. Adrien really meant something to me and if I had the chance to keep him out of trouble, I wasn't letting that slip away from me.

"Whatever. Yes or no?" I settled for asking. He raised one of his eyebrows and sat on a bench outside of the theater.

"Whatsoever are you talking about?" He asked with a hand at his chest, smirk on his smug face. I crossed my arms and shifted all of my weight onto one leg.

"You know what i'm talking about, obviously."

He turned, reaching behind his back and pulled out another cup of soda. I blinked a few times to see if the sight were real and settled on thinking that this man were no human. "Sure." He finally said with ease, shrugging.

"What are you?" I asked. He just wasn't human, that I knew. I watched him pull himself a drink out of nowhere, still wanting to run off screaming.

"Your date to the bowling alley." He answered smugly as he lifted himself off of the bench and began walking down the sidewalk.

I followed far behind, afraid that he was leading me to my death and not the bowling alley.

When I first saw the guy I had assumed that he was some lost tourist, mainly because of his style. Nobody dressed like that in Paris. When I noticed that he looked a little bit older than me, my first reaction was to promptly scream my head off, but something kept me from doing that.

"Where are you going?!" I called out, still following after him. "Answer me!" I groaned.

"I'm not a lost tourist Marinette Dupain-Cheng, we are going to the bowling alley."

"Ugh!" I grumbled, obviously frustrated with this guy's attitude.

"If you don't like my attitude, just wait until you start hanging out with Agreste." He objected.

When we arrived at the bowling alley after nearly ten minutes of walking, Alya and Nino were inside waiting at a nearby lane and my feet were aching horribly.

I breathed a little easier when seeing them, now knowing that I was no longer alone with this strange man.

As we walked toward the two, I stood tall and kept my normal smile printed onto my face so they wouldn't suspect anything.

"Wow! Look at Alya." He exclaimed with a whistle. I scrunched my nose in disgust and shushed him as we approached the couple.

"Hey, Marinette! Oh... who is this?" Alya asked with her brown eyes sparkling with surprise. When she asked this I had realized that I didn't even know his name.

"Colt Breyer." He answered for me and held out a hand for both of them to shake. I just stood next to him, completely speechless.

I moodily dropped into a seat across from Alya and crossed my arms tightly over my chest again, glaring at Colt.

"Would you two go ahead and grab us some bowling shoes? I need to talk to Marinette alone." Alya said randomly staring up at the two.

I began to object, not wanting Nino to be alone with Colt, but was immediately stopped by Alya's babbling.

"Oh, my god! How did you meet this cowboy dream?" Alya exclaimed, slamming her hands onto the table before us.

I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow, "At the weekly rodeo." I said sarcastically. Alya frowned and leaned back in her seat.

"Funny. Does he live here?"

I shook my head no and stood from my seat, I immediately walked to the side of the table and quickly slipped Nino's phone into my hoodie pocket without Alya noticing.

"That sucks. I guess he's just a one time date then, huh?" She continued, I forced a frown upon my face and sighed.

"Yeah." I huffed out, Alya gave me a frown and rose from the table.

"You poor thing!" She said with sigh of her own. "I just finally thought you were over Adrien!" She slammed me into a hug and began rubbing my back.

"No, Alya, really, it's okay." I said with a soft chuckle.

She nodded and pulled away from the unnecessary hug, "I'll be right back! I have to visit the ladies room." she informed me before disappearing from sight.

"Great job." Colt said as he slid into a seat, folding his hands together on the table in front of him.  

"Thanks, you can leave now." I scoffed in a sickeningly sweet voice. 

"Sure, honey bee." He said as he rose from the table, "Better hurry before Agreste gets himself in trouble!" he called from over his shoulder in a singsong voice, slamming through the front doors of the bowling alley as I watched him go.

I had to be dreaming. This is no way real. What kind of guy shows up and leaves this easily? Without explanation too? Please, let me be dreaming.

Once he disappeared from my sight, I ran into one of the rooms that were able to be rented for birthday parties and made an attempt at Nino's password. Which was a success. 12/12/04. Alya's birthday.

I immediately hurried to find Adrien's contact and then his location, which I knew he shared with Nino and luckily, still did.

2 Rue Gazan, 75014. Parc Montsouris? Why was he at Parc Montsouris? I would have to find out.

I hurried out of the room before I was caught by an employee and, or Nino. I placed his phone in the exact spot I found it in and ran out of the bowling alley, unnoticed.

Sure, I felt bad for ditching Alya, but I did have more important things to worry about. Alya will understand why I left if I told her that my date ditched me. What can I say? I didn't like him or his bad attitude anyway.