Bon Voyage

Luke started drumming against the seats annoyingly and I was urging to say something. So I did.

"Your a bad father you know that right?" I said not bothering to make eye contact with him. "Yeah preach it to me. Set me straight." He said carelessly.

"Do you have any idea how special and amaizing your son is. Like even a clue?" I questioned him. "He's a theif is what he is."

"Yeah well now we know who he's influenced from. Like your life's any better either.  Your just a wasted local salt who never did shit when your wife left and you were there with your only son. But you did get messed up and hustle people. Not exactly impressive now is it? JJ did something you couldn't. He learned what was right and what's not, he is so amazing and clever, in ways you could never be. And a lot more worth than you ever will be. You may have raised him but he sure as hell is nothing like you." I criticised him and I really spoke with confidence, I was only speaking the truth in my opinion. Someone had to tell him.

He didn't know what to say silencing himself for a moment before he found a way to drive him self away from the topic because the dick doesn't like confrontation.

"You know you sound just like your mama. She was just like that in high school. Always thought she was better than everyone else. Kook princess." He stated and I paused for a moment still not looking back to look at him.

"I bet I'm as pretty as her to." I stated and he let out a laugh not caring.

"Your exactly like your mama. Slumming with the bad boys. You an ungrateful shit like she was? I bet you are. Bringing your sister into the trouble. Hopping up on there on your high horse, riding around in daddy's car."

God his voice just pissed me of. He made me so god damn angry. So I built all that anger up and decided to elbows his nose pushing him back and he grunted in pain.

"You do not get to talk about my family."

I heard JJ whistle as he dropped some food in for his dad and Kie sat in and JJ opened the door starring at me.

"All good?" He asked and I let out a sigh whilst looking up at Luke in my windscreen mirror then glaring back at JJ.
"Let's just get this shit over with."

We arrived at the the Marina Island Club and I parked there as I gave JJ a comforting look nodding at him and he got out bringing his dad along. "Hey tell your mama I said hi."

Luke said and JJ just grabbed his shirt pulling him out. "Shut up." JJ told him as they walked of but before they got too far I called out for Luke.

"Hey Luke." That's when me and Kie both held up our middle fingers grinning and JJ just pushed him forward as they made their way out.

"What did he say?" Kie asked referring to Luke and I slowly exhaled closing my eyes letting it out shaking with the air I was breathing out.

"A bunch of shit. He brought up moms name." I answered and she seemed suprised by that. "Moms?"

"Yeah." I sighed and we both sat there in another moment of silence. I just got so infuriated that he looks at his son that way.

"God he has no idea how lucky he is to have a son who still helps him no matter how much god damn shit he put him through. After all the abuse and the yelling and the trauma he's put him through, JJ is still there for him! And he's never played his fucking role as being the father! He takes him for granted. JJ is so special and yet his own father can't see the specialty in him! It's so stupid-" I cut myself of from my ranting and rambling as I realised Kie was just sat there with a small grin on her face because I was that invested in my words.