Trust

I'm suprised they hadn't said a word to the both of us. It was just silence and disappointment. Until they placed a leaflet in the counter of our restaurant presenting to to me and Kie.

"Un what's this?" I asked them holding it up to look at. Blue ridge.

"That's your future guys. If you don't turn your shit around." Dad bluntly told us and Kie snatched it of me scoffing.

"Your kidding right? This is like one of those places where they kidnap you in the middle of the night." Kie recalled and my parents couldn't even look at us.

"Yeah like wilderness cuckoo nest." I described in the perfect words. "No it's a program for troubled teens with behavioural problems." Mom told us and honestly my aim was to not answer back so I do not have to engage in a conversation with my own parents.

"So now we're troubled teens?" Kie questioned raising her eyes towards them. "What the hell would you call it?" Dad answered back.

"You guys dissapeared for days. Then you come back to steal my truck. Then you crash it." Dad blamed us and honestly I was just trying my best not to make eye contact fiddling with my fingers.

"Technically we disappeared because you kicked us out." I remarked and my mom heard me folding her arms giving me the mom look waiting for me to say more.

"And technically I'm the one who stole it and Popes the one who crashed it." I mumbled making Kie sound totally innocent.

"So this was all your fault?" My dad asked me raising a brow and I shrugged. "Sure." I agreed not really bothering.

"No, i gave her the idea. That's not the point. We thought John B and Sarah were dead. And you guys wanted me to go back to school like nothing happened!" Kie bought it back up and honestly points to her. Always bring up their death to make them feel guilty.

"That's not what we wanted." Dad denied when he knew it was true. "Kinda is." I added on trying my best to mutter under my breath but I'm pretty sure they heard me.

"You wanted to act like everything was fine when nothing about that is fine!" Kiara decided to start ranting and honestly I'm going to let her do the talking for me.

"I understand that nothing about that is fine nothing about any of this is fine!" Mom decides to object in the conversation.

"I'll do whatever you want.  I'll pull double shifts." Kiara tried persuading them. "You bet your ass you will." Dad told her, honestly that was okay with me.

"I don't want you guys to think that we were wrong to help them. Because we weren't. We were doing what we thought was right. And I didn't mean to do that to all of you guys! And we're sorry." Kie said and I just nodded along keeping my head down. Eye contact is the worst part of an argument.

"I'm sorry for sneaking out. And I'm sorry for skipping school it was stupid and I- I didn't- I'm sorry for going to Charleston and stealing your truck-" Kiara was there having a breakdown confessing all her wrongs.

And I, was sat on the side listening to it all.

"Baby, I know." My mom placed her hand in kies supporting her. "We love you so much, but sorry not going to cut it anymore."

"Let me tell you what's going to happen." Dad said setting the rules straight. "No more sneaking out the house. No more treasure hunts. And no more Pogues."

There is one thing my parents should've learned. You can never keep us away from the Pogues.

"Or you guys are going to blue ridge."

I don't know what I was waiting for to be honest. Honestly I thought mom was just going to cry and dad was going to yell.

But it was more of Kie doing most of the talking, she said all the sorrys and all the bullshit whilst I just kept my head down the minuite I saw them.